Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 5K Build

Featured Replies

I was going to suggest that (shimming).

 

Maybe just find yourself 8 thin (around 1mm) flat washers and chuck them under the rocker post. Do another comp test to see if that was the issue and then look at making some proper spacers.

  • Replies 361
  • Views 126.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Nope I just had a read about what a wet test is on this site, which has what I think is some good information. Should I get a professional to test or is it within my scope?

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

Ok guys I am back

 

I am going to rebuild it again, properly this time, and slowly, the only problem is finding time to do things. Might start taking out the engine tonight depending on whether I manage to organise sex

 

I have been out of the scene for a while and now own a Type X

 

My brother has sold his SR20DE AE71 and now owns a S14A

depending on whether I manage to organise sex

 

So now you have the engine out.... :lolcry:

  • Author

well my night of engine pulling was disturbed by fun times in the bedroom,

 

and now my brother is taking up the garage with the removal of his engine to put in a natural sr20de from a s14

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Ok so I am back in the corolla game!

 

The Type X is in the smash repairs after I drove over a stormwater grate that flicked up and ripped off my rear muffler from japan pushing onto my rear bar buckling it and bending a bit of the body panel. Claiming it on insurance, then claiming the excess of $600 from the council. Should be good get a brand new HKS Hi Power cat back system.

 

The KE70 is back in the garage with its broken engine still in the car and I will most probably get a workshop to rebuild the engine.

 

Does anyone have any contacts of workshops that would be able to rebuild this engine for me?

Ok so I am back in the corolla game!

 

The Type X is in the smash repairs after I drove over a stormwater grate that flicked up and ripped off my rear muffler from japan pushing onto my rear bar buckling it and bending a bit of the body panel. Claiming it on insurance, then claiming the excess of $600 from the council. Should be good get a brand new HKS Hi Power cat back system.

 

The KE70 is back in the garage with its broken engine still in the car and I will most probably get a workshop to rebuild the engine.

 

Does anyone have any contacts of workshops that would be able to rebuild this engine for me?

 

OMFG!! I just read 24 pages of this to find that you gave up and are having it built by someone! Feel for ya tho, u must have spent FOREVER on this! I am glad my 5k will be rebuilt pretty much standard, and just have a turbo hanging off it..

C'mon Anastasios, whip the head off and slap a tray of beers on the bonnet and ask anyone in Sydney to come and help!! You've come so far surely it just needs a bit of a sort-out & Sydney clubmembers are big-hearted when it comes to dropping around to help.

  • Author

hehe i appreciate the support heaps

 

ok if i am going to do this myself i want to do all the steps right.

 

Who can give me the main steps of an engine rebuild.

 

I am thinking about cleaning it all up getting everything balanced, if i hone the bores do i need bigger rings? where do i get them from

if i hone the bores do i need bigger rings?

 

Nope- a hone is just to clean the surface off without removing any material really, like sanding down undercoat before you apint over it. It gives the new rings a fresh surface to wear to. You only get the next size rings when you bore the cylinders out and get oversize pistons.

 

Is there anything wrong with the bottom end?

 

If I was going to do it, Id pull it down and spread it all over the garage floor on newspaper.

 

Block/crank/pistons/rods go off to a motor man to be cleaned and measured. That tells me if I need a re-bore (new pistons and rings) and/or a crank grind. (new smaller diameter bearings) If not they hone the block and I get new rings ane depending on how worn the bearing are I might replace those. They also skimmed the flywheel for me, took a couple of Kg off. After that most of those parts go off to get balanced- crank, flywheel, clutch, rods, pistons. I never took the pistons out of the block, so I never honed it or fitted new rings or had it balanced. I had the crank cleaned and fitted new standard size bearings.

 

Head goes off to a head man who cleans it up, checks for straight and machines valves and seats. If it needs a skim he does that, and last time we took 15thou off to raise the compression a bit.

 

Meanwhile at home I've sat down with all the cam cover bits and manifolds to clean everything with petrol and wire brushes. Disgusting job, and if you can sweet-talk someone into borrowing their cleaning bath it is much better.

 

When it all gets home lay it all out and put it back together.

  • Author

Thanks for the help,

 

Car is now in position so that the engine can be taken out. Will start disconnecting it tonight, I want to also get pics of all the steps, Is someone able to move this thread into the build section?

Thanks for the help,

 

Car is now in position so that the engine can be taken out. Will start disconnecting it tonight, I want to also get pics of all the steps, Is someone able to move this thread into the build section?

 

Will move now. You might want to revise the post title - Just click edit on the first post. :wink:

  • Author

Haha finally made the rides section! Thanks Taz

  • Author

As she stands atm in the garage waiting for me to pull out the engine.

 

103_3536.jpg

 

The injured 5K

 

103_3537.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.