Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 5K Build

Featured Replies

Wrap the headers with fibreglass tape- get the heat down the pipe and out the back sooner.

 

They will slowly crisp any plastic or rubber insulation when you stop after a good thrash as they release a lot of heat into the engine compartment then. I'm going to do mine.

  • Replies 361
  • Views 126.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Nope, head first and then manifolds

 

Yea I was thinking of cutting the metal part of the mount, seems like the easiest way to go atm

  • Author

Ok so I got the solenoid repaired on my starter motor, and I went to crank over the engine and the starter motor kept going even when I turned the key off, I had to take off the neg terminal.

  • Author

Argh that has to be the worst bolt to get to, ffs

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Ok so I am back at square one pretty much, engine is out of the car, head is at the machine shop, and I am about to take the pistons out to be machined, reason is that it blew another headgasket, so the engineer has looked at the engine, measured what he needed and will be recalculating the comp ratio.

How did it run before it blew this headgasket?? Did you get to drive it down the road??

  • Author

yep i drove it for about a day and a half until i noticed it started to overheat, i think it is also due to the detonation, I havent had it properly timed yet.

Edited by anastasios

I clean all head bolts up and clean all threads out and then liberally coat thread and under head (normally whole head) in engine oil prior to assembly..... good idea to make sure all bolts go in all the way before fitting cylinder head.

 

I did see a head gasket failure like that once but between 3 and 4 and it worked out to be the head bolts (torque to yield) were stretched and bottoming out in the cylinder block before the right tension was applied to the head/gasket.....

 

Robert.

I've learnt on here ask for a quick fix, get a complicated answer, and about ten of them. I'm not dissing it, and I appreciate the help and idea's, but man... it can turn into a total engine rebuild ha ha! Which may not be a bad thing. *Love vibes to all who help*

  • Author

Back on page 18 I checked for bottoming bolts, I did clean all the head bolts and coated them in engine oil.

Damn thats some bad luck.

 

I replaced my first ever headgasket about 6 weeks ago. and car is still going strong.

 

Quick question, should i recheck the torque of the head bolts? ive done about 500kays since head was skimmed and gasket done.

Ok so I got the solenoid repaired on my starter motor, and I went to crank over the engine and the starter motor kept going even when I turned the key off, I had to take off the neg terminal.

 

 

i had the same thing happend to my 4k starter, turned out the 2 bolts holding the solenoid in rattled them selfs out therefor holding the starter on with the key out,

 

 

the tech of 35 years at work said his seen truck blocks crack from oil in the headbolt threads (mind you this is torque of 650nm)

 

falken ke30 - wouldnt hurt would it?

Edited by Evan G

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.