Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 5K Build

Featured Replies

  • Replies 361
  • Views 126.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Ok so coventry fasteners arent the distributors for helicoil anymore. A place called Hoopers Bearings stock recoil, so I bought the correct kit. Now I am looking at my situation and am trying to figure out what to do, what size drill bit do i use to drill out the old threads and do i then connect the tap to the drill? and use that to create the new threads?

 

After a quick google i found that i would need a 6.8mm drill bit for a 8x1.25 bolt (which is what the rocker post bolts are). Can someone confirm this?

Edited by anastasios

can you unscrew the long bolts for the head then just use bolts? instead of 2 nuts?

 

Good luck securing your rocker cover then :P

 

 

Anastasios,

 

Work out the size and pitch of the thread needed for the helicoil.

 

Dia of thread - Pitch = drill diameter needed.

 

Tapping for an M8x1.25 = 8mm - 1.25 = 6.75 (6.8) drill

 

" " M10x1.5 = 10mm - 1.5 = 8.5

 

Although the kits i have seen include the helicoils, insertion tool, drill and tap.

  • Author

Ok thanks heaps for that! I only have a 1/4 and 17/64 drill bits here, I guess its off to the hardware store.

  • Author

How important is it to have 3 locating pins in the flywheel? I just got it back from the machinist and they got one of the locating pins wrong and now only 1 lines up correctly.

  • Author

Yep its all good, I took it back to them and they fixed it, luckily they were open on Sunday!

  • Author

Great, the manifold stud threaded the head as I was tightening it on. Just bought another tap set for the 10x1.25 stud, and a 8.73mm steel drill bit. The car starts though! I have a couple hours after uni tonight to work on it and somehow have to get a pink slip and register it on Saturday, I'm pushing the deadline.

  • Author

Well it is now registered! Although I drilled out the hole for the tap too big, so I have a guy booked in on Monday to come and fix it, so the head is off again but its all good as I managed to get rego today which was the last day before blueslips!

  • Author

Ok so the car runs and there are no more thread problems, my problem now is that I have 50 compression on piston 1, any ideas on what this could be? rings?

rings, hg, valve held open, valve timing?

 

valve not sealing correctly, spark plug not tight, dodgy compression tester

Edited by Evan G

  • Author

Ok so I have just found out that there is a leakage test that will pinpoint where my compression is being lost. I think it could be due to not shimming the rocker posts after having it shaved twice. Now I need to find someone who has that testing gear in Sydney.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.