Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My 1970 Ke17 Sprinter

Featured Replies

I just picked this up two weeks ago today.

 

So far I have been still sorting this car. The first day I got it I power washed the exterior. Had one tire fixed for a leaky valve stem. Vacuumed the interior and found 4 baby mice under the front passenger seat :hmm: the carpets smell like mouse piss :bash: , so i have to remove that and shampoo and disinfect it too. i bought two mouse traps and used peanut butter as bait hopefully i'll catch the critter soon.

:)

The next day I pulled the one of the door tumblers so I can have keys made as this car never came with keys. Finally got the trunklid opened and installed the tumbler lock, wirebrushed the surface rust on the wheel well which btw still has an unused original spare tire.

 

Yesterday got the hood opened finally (broken cable). Today I fixed the wiring to the ignition module soldered and removed the extra wires the PO put in who BTW butchered the ignition :bash: , tried to fire up the engine but the starter was erratic I had to whack the solenoid area with a cold chisel now I need to replace the starter :bash: . Now I'm gonna check the ignition and see if I have spark on the points and plugs. I'll have lunch and a beer break then work on it later in the day when the temps are cooler.

 

Details:

 

1970 KE17 Sprinter with a Toyoglide Automatic, number 27,660 of the production line. North American spec model with the bumperettes front and back, and rear side marker lights.

 

Light yellow with two tone brown and black interior. 38,xxx miles. This car is bone stock all original. Needs TLC and a few parts

 

I need parts so please PM what you have you can see from the pics what parts I'll be needing asap.

 

Cheers,

Dave

post-8821-1249315913.jpg

post-8821-1249315940.jpg

post-8821-1249315952.jpg

post-8821-1249315963.jpg

nice one dave. good to see world wide, these baby's

are sort after. just picked my 2nd sprinter 6 weeks ago. if you ever come across those bumperettes again pm me :hmm:

Congatulations mate, that is a nice example looks well looked after. I'm so jelous :hmm: So what are the plans for the ke17 ?

Hate to tell you but that steering wheels on the wrong side !!. Nice car anyway !!..

Hate to tell you but that steering wheels on the wrong side !!. Nice car anyway !!..

 

Lol.

 

Nice example mate, looks to be quite original. What are your plans ?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.