Stock Ke70 Drift

hey guys

was driving to work in the rain, managed to get sideways around a corner (not intentional) and the a little more sideways than i could controll... ended up doing 360 and hitting 2 kerbs...

what should i be checking to make sure the old girl is ok? There is no body or tire damage and the hits where not that hard... any ideas? i would assume she is ok but would like to be on the safe side

cheers

Members dont see this ad

I hit a gutter sideways once and bent an axle...... was about 60+kmph though.

If you haven't damaged a wheel though then I doubt you would have bent an axle. I smashed an alloy jellybean in the process of bending the axle.

...hell I hit the gutter so hard the the whole diff moved far enough to leave some small dents in the trans tunnel, but then returned to its normal position. It was also hard enough for my passengers BEANIE to come off his head!!!!

hey guys

was driving to work in the rain, managed to get sideways around a corner (not intentional) and the a little more sideways than i could controll... ended up doing 360 and hitting 2 kerbs...

what should i be checking to make sure the old girl is ok? There is no body or tire damage and the hits where not that hard... any ideas? i would assume she is ok but would like to be on the safe side

cheers

Tread obviously, maybe shocks contribute. Some roads are also just incredibly stupidly and dangerously slippery.

Tread obviously, maybe shocks contribute. Some roads are also just incredibly stupidly and dangerously slippery.

yeah tread looks ok (would pass cop inspection) i still (after a month or so) havent had a chance (or equipment) to check out the shocks... i should really get that done :D ... haha ill add it to the list :D

...hell I hit the gutter so hard the the whole diff moved far enough to leave some small dents in the trans tunnel, but then returned to its normal position. It was also hard enough for my passengers BEANIE to come off his head!!!!

ah the beanie made my day hahaahah

put some decent tyres on your car and run sensible pressures and it will be a whole new animal.

rear swaybar I think is the culprit for making the corollas oversteer slightly.

I was four wheels drifting in an old magna the other day, I noticed it understeered somewhat as the road was wet, did a u turn around a round-a-bout and as the wheels were understeering the whole way around I started to feather the throttle and I produced a neater more controlled slide than most rwd cars can do on the exit to the round-a-bout.... thats my laugh of the day.

Robert.

Yep, corner up from my place is like that, come in at normal speed and you can feel the rear end loosing traction... even my mum got the hilux a little sideways coming into it. and she is a slow boring no thrills driver :lolcry:

my bog stock ke55 with a rear sway bar understeers befote it oversteers :P but when it does oversteer its sooo funny

Funny intill you loose control and flip your car and land in someones Living room why they watching Police most wanted :lolcry:

Edited by Falken_KE30

Funny intill you loose control and flip your car and land in someones Living room why they watching Police most wanted :lolcry:

i go to industrial area's if i want to have fun, no cars, no houses, no one to annoy of the noise of a 4k

and if you loose it the road is 20m wide?