My 4age Ke70

heathrow

hey guys

don't have any pictures at the moment but just thought i'd ask u guys what u think my rollas worth.. i'll explain best i can..

car: 1983 ke70 white

interior: door trims and entire dash and most things plastic in the car have been sprayed a gloss black.

black racing seat as drivers seat. pioneer head unit with 6 by 9's. tacho dash.

exterior: custom 8 kg coilovers in front and TRD yellow 5kgs in rear (stock shocks :P ). adjustable pan hard rod.

15" by8" GTR superlights powder coated black with chrome rim.

its white and the paint is reasonable no fading, few small rust spots, (bottom of rear windscreen etc.)

engine: completely rebuilt 4age, new pistons, rings, bearings through out, valve guides and stem seals, valves lapped..

standard computer, extractors, r33 fuel pump.

drive line: T50 gear box to a standard locked diff.

exhaust: 2.15" exhaust to a race resi. at the bak.

any way that should give ya the idea would love to hear some response on the matter.. cheers lads and ladies :rolls:

Members dont see this ad
Where you located??

I reckon upwards of $3K, you can't even build that kind of motor for much less than that :P

If its all done impeccibly tidily and well, Maybe 3500.

Otherwise, the only real bankable mods for resale would be the 4age.

As it stands, the person who buys it is looking at doing a decent amount of work for rego. Swap out the locker, fix the rust, probably find and fit adr approved seat. Also, there are a couple of things that would concern me regarding the car in general, such as a gloss black spraycan interior, 15x8 superlights (any chance of them being inside properly flared and shaped gaurds?).

If you could describe your custom coilover setup? What shocks does it run, as it will be cut down to suit some shock, maybe sv21, sw20, ae92, or short stroke ae86 shocks? What brand is the seat? Disclose all the rust, put up some pictures etc and we will give you a better idea.

Bear in mind none of us have any chance of recouping anything like whats been spent.

If I am right I reckon this is an SA car, in which case we don't have RWC or anything like that prior to sale.

Did this car get wired at Buddyparts? If so I am bang on the money and know which one it is :P

There was a car VERY similar to this when my car was dropped off there. :rolls:

$3000 to $4500 if its in decent condition I reckon. It really depends what someone will pay for it at the time.

Put it on here if you want to sell it.

I assume you put all the money, hard work and love into it so what's it worth to you? That's the real question.

Edited by flamingheads

If I am right I reckon this is an SA car, in which case we don't have RWC or anything like that prior to sale.

Did this car get wired at Buddyparts? If so I am bang on the money and know which one it is :)

There was a car VERY similar to this when my car was dropped off there. :y:

yea it was.. was ures the 4agze silver rolla? yea just put a new 4age in mine literally its all brand spanken..

yea it was.. was ures the 4agze silver rolla? yea just put a new 4age in mine literally its all brand spanken..

Mine was the silver 20 valve rolla!! :P

I like the way you have done your rims :P You would get more money in parts for this thing rather than as a whole car. It's sad but true :P

I paid $4250 for mine midway through last year. Clean stocker with a bigport transplant just done (and done properly) and 12 months rego.

PICT0167.jpg

I'd say realistically around $4 - 4500k? There's a certain someone on here or ae86dc who paid $7k for a stock slant ke70 with a purple respray, 20s and stock interior and driveline so you could get more if the right buyer comes along.

Carsales is the way to go if you want big dollars. No one on forums thinks anything is worth anything until they want to sell their one.

There's a certain someone on here or ae86dc who paid $7k for a stock slant ke70 with a purple respray, 20s and stock interior and driveline so you could get more if the right buyer comes along.

Well your'e already ahead of the OP.

I don't feel comfortable to say over 3500 because there are no pictures, and no gauge to the quality of the workmanship.

If OP took the same care and attention typing his posts that he does building cars it would be unfinished and with a lot of loose ends.

Thats why I say what I say. Most of us on the forums don't do tidy or original work to their cars. Most people sadly just buy other peoples half broken 25 year old stuff and chuck it in with no reco.

I'm not estimating over 3500 without pictures that get me excited. :P

A clean car is worth a couple of grand. A good running 16v is worth a grand. I know its rebuilt but you will never ever get that money back. If you rebuilt a motor just to sell a car you made a mistake, financially speaking. Then all the shit to fit the motor runs to another grand. A bit of suspension work easily eats another grand. Other stuff like a 'race seat' could mean anything, locked diffs are crap compared to an lsd, as far as all around driving goes and resale. Good for sliding though. A locker is a dead giveaway that a car is being flogged too.

Anyhow, Ive totalled about 4-5 grand in possible bankable features. If its all amazing and sorted its worth that. If it isnt, its worth what someone will pay.

:P

Here here.

That's one of the things I'm trying to do with my 71 is make it neat and tidy, body & paint will be getting attention once I finish a few other things not that it's bad now, probably better than 90% of the other *e7*s out there (on the road not just forums :P )

I've spent nearly 1k just on machining and parts to rebuild my bigport so it's not something you do to make money, I would of been better off getting a second hand runner, hell I was even looking around for a whole car with a twin cam for a while but nothing came up at the right price. It's a hobby for me and a learning experience even if I did almost cry forking over wads to the machine shop. The 116k kms ae101 20v half cut I bought and converted into my AE95 only cost me $1250 :P

No one on forums thinks anything is worth anything until they want to sell their one.

HAHAHA so true.

My AE71 is much the same as yours Instigator :P I like them clean and tidy with 4AGE just to make them that bit more enjoyable to drive. I'd like to think mine was worth a bit over $4K

post-7149-1250550914_thumb.jpg