--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

Thanks, I got the manual online second hand. Payed like 10 bucks or something, can't remember. I guess just wait for one to come up or make a wanted ad. I wouldn't pay 55 for one though..

yeh i was thinkin 55's a little high, but i went itno supercheap n for them to order one in is like 60 to 70 bucks haha

• 2 weeks later...

Did a little tinkering today. Installed a new heater core from ebay. Also removed the rest of the air conditioning parts as I don't see myself ever getting round to fixing it. This job is not one I want to do again so this time I made sure it wasn't going to leak.

After testing I found the heater tap to be leaking. Shitty little thing. Don't know why it was put in the cabin.. anyway i cut it off, replaced it with hose and put a (ae82 maybe?) plastic heater tap in the engine bay. Not connected to the cable yet so if i wanna turn the heater off i have to do it in the engine bay. That will be fixed soon, possibly tomorrow. Otherwise, it is the middle of winter so i want heater all the time anyway.

Old core vs New

IMG_3251.jpg

Put these in from a non air con ke30 saved about 5kg of weight adding about 15.5kw. Also put some new foam throughout

IMG_3252.jpg

Here is where i chopped the heater tap off

IMG_3254.jpg

Cheers

So here is how the heater tap ended up. I bit messy but it does the trick. The tap is actually kinda the wrong way around but not hard to get it to work. It was from a ae92 but other similar aged toyotas like camry have them also. So far so good, no leaks...

IMG_3262.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words.

2jz in this thing hahaha that would be mental. Don't know if the wallet would ever recover though!

Phil so you have a proper thread now eh? Hehe, I'll check it out.. 38s rule!

Cheers,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...