--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

yeah my bad fellas, would have been cool to see some rollas and meet you all, but that would have required organisation and planning both of which pretty much went out the window on this spontaneous 'follow your nose' type adventure :blush:

haha for example we had actually planned on doing the GOR on the way BACK because apparently you get a better view. But then when we reached the turn off we got a little excited and couldn't help ourselves :rolls:

Edited by Oh-KE

Small update,

Picked up one of these 8 inch Precision Response subwoofers from Jaycar. For $40 I am impressed!

I got it because it was cheap, but i have been looking for an 8" for a while because I had this idea of putting a small sub behind the drivers seat. So it had to be small cos theres hardly any room back there..

I designed the box purely to fit, didn't think about proper sizing for sub specs or anything. One thing I found was that with such a small box it sounded better to have it sealed. I tried ported and it just didn't sound as good. Louder but not as nice. I used random bits of mdf board I had lying around in the shed and some black carpet also already in the shed. Used liquid nails and screws for the box and selleys quick grip for the carpet. Worked a treat. Here's how it came up..

IMG_2985.jpg

And heres where it sits behind the seat..

IMG_2989.jpg

Overall pretty happy with how it sounds, not as huge bass as my old 10" alpine that got stolen but then again that was just silly and the space it took up in the back was annoying... For a total of around $50 can't complain! :dance: :dancetall:

Finally can hear my evil basslines again :evil:

And the rockin ones :rock:

and the funky ones :elvis:

and the brown paper bag on head ones?? :paperbag:

Edited by Oh-KE

Turned out awesome man, you should start enclosure making business....I got mine going the other day and the bass is ridiculus aye, It may even beat the 12inch I had in my corolla. Yours looks so much better though, and looks about 1/3 of the weight :blinks: nice work.

• 4 weeks later...

man uve got me keen to go work on my girl friends ke36 well was mine but she claimed it haha

Haha you gotta reclaim that beast!

Some small updates to add:

Found some wheel centre caps much closer to home than I had imagined.. Came off a corona but I'm just pretending the C stands for Corolla :) They are in very good condition!

IMG_2995.jpg

Did some work on the brakes because I wanted to improve the hard brake pedal. Swapped in a good condition brake booster and bled all corners which made a difference but still wondering why my pedal needs to be pressed so much harder than a ke70 that I drive sometimes :hmm:? Oh well slowly eliminating all the possibilities i guess.. I think I will just get some better struts with better brakes in there ..

IMG_2996.jpg

Also had a go at fixing my heater which was leaking a bit.. took it out, inspected it. Found it was not the core that was leaking only the piping going into it so turned out to be a fairly easy fix.. Pretty happy to have some warmth because its getting colder :|

Plans/ideas:

- New rear shocks

- Upgrade front end struts/brakes with new swaybar bushes and maybe a double swaybar

- Upgrade headlights to semi-sealed beam

- Also pretty keen to try my hand at rebuilding an engine at some stage probably a 4k

- Then theres always the paint.. One day..

Edited by Oh-KE

• 4 months later...

Ok, finally went up to pedders at morphett vale to get some new rear shock absorbers. Ended up going with suzuki sierra part number GSR9047. They were the right length for the wagon and nice and firm to stop the hard rear springs from bouncing around all the time. Very happy with how it feels. A bit stiffer than before but not bouncy at all which has actually made it more comfortable to drive with, if that makes sense... Here's a pic of a new sierra shocks next to the old ke38 rear shockers. haha! Sooooo much better :)

IMG_3077.jpg

Edited by Oh-KE

Looking good oh-ke, how much for the rear shocks if you don't mind me asking? Loving the new addition of center caps on the wheels too; looks amazing!

Cheers, Crowie.

Thanks Crowie, the shocks cost about 200 bucks for the pair. think they might have been 95 each or something, worth every penny I'm loving them..

Now makes me realise how much I need to do something with the front end too, so I'm on the look out for some struts like xt130 ones or something, to convert to adjustable coilovers. Like what you have in yours but probably not as good haha

very nice wagon..i'm a wagon fanatic..actually i have 1 just like yours

Thanks!

Duude... Sweet chariot.

Looks awesome. Love the rims. Glad u stuck to white n didnt go something too extreme love that stock look.

Where did u get the mirrors from?

Cheers. Glen.

Thanks Glen,

I got the mirrors from online, but you can get them from most auto parts stores. They are just universal fit ones and cost about 50 bucks I think..

Cheers,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

A few things been happening with this. Got some struts out of an rt133 corona which I planned converting to adjustable coilovers, but after test fitting them I have decided not to go down that path. The extra track it creates at the front, and 14x7 offset 0 wheels is just far too much for the front of this little thing. Tried it even with unrealistic camber (more than camber tops) and there was still too much wheel outside of the guards and looked stupid. Can't really think of any way around this? Other than different wheels which is not an option. Possibly different hubs? Heres some pics..

Ke38 front struts

IMG_3099.jpg

Rt132/33 struts

IMG_3096.jpg

Also these came in the mail today :yes: Just need to get some globes for them

IMG_3121.jpg