--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

umm yes they checked engine number and chassis number and I almost had a problem there because I had only just recently swapped the engine number over and it wasnt in the system yet. but luckily because I had a 1 day unregistered vehicle permit with the current engine number on it, it was ok. With the chassis number they checked to see if the chassis numbers matched the engine bay plate numbers and to see if the car had been stolen or whatever.... just clean it up as much as possible and take it through... then you will know whats up. Its not that expensive, like $150 or so for the inspection then if it doesnt pass its half price second time round.. so yeah hope this helps mate.

Bought some parts today and yesterday, got 2x leaf springs $58, 2x front wheel bearings $38, 2x outer tierod ends $38 and coil spring compressors $50.

I have just finished all the front end stuff (coils, bearings, tierods) so all thats left is the leaf springs and thats easy as!!

:(

umm yes they checked engine number and chassis number and I almost had a problem there because I had only just recently swapped the engine number over and it wasnt in the system yet. but luckily because I had a 1 day unregistered vehicle permit with the current engine number on it, it was ok. With the chassis number they checked to see if the chassis numbers matched the engine bay plate numbers and to see if the car had been stolen or whatever.... just clean it up as much as possible and take it through... then you will know whats up. Its not that expensive, like $150 or so for the inspection then if it doesnt pass its half price second time round.. so yeah hope this helps mate.

Bought some parts today and yesterday, got 2x leaf springs $58, 2x front wheel bearings $38, 2x outer tierod ends $38 and coil spring compressors $50.

I have just finished all the front end stuff (coils, bearings, tierods) so all thats left is the leaf springs and thats easy as!!

:(

fark :ninja: I'm done for then, i think my ae71 has been plate swapped the engine number corresponds with the chassis number but the engine number on my rego is different :) what should i do any opinions???

Register the engine swap and hope the engine isn't listed as stolen.

so got to service SA and fill out an engine swap form then take it to get inspected at regency?

i though of this bet then the engine number will line up perfectly with the chassis number on the car even though i am stating its had an engine swap?? or do u think i can possibly get away with it??

Yeah its easy to swap engine numbers over just get the form and fill it out. Costs nothing.

Edit: they will check it so definitely swap the number over. If everything else matches up you should be ok.

Edit: Edit: and yeah service sa will do it for you. Then if you live in brighton book it in for the lonsdale inspection centre.. much easier to get to.

Edited by Oh-KE

Yeah its easy to swap engine numbers over just get the form and fill it out. Costs nothing.

Edit: they will check it so definitely swap the number over. If everything else matches up you should be ok.

Edit: Edit: and yeah service sa will do it for you. Then if you live in brighton book it in for the lonsdale inspection centre.. much easier to get to.

Yea i will go to the lonsdale inspection centre, my brother has been to both regency and lonsdale and he said that they were heaps harsher on him in lonsdale(didnt pas him because of half a millimeter of play in upper wishbone in his chaser) but meh they probably didnt like the look of him hahaha. I'm dreading this so much :( but o well i will fill out an engine swap form and hope for the best i guess.

Yeah man I was dreading it too but it turned out alright.. it's only taken me a week and a couple of hundred dollars to finish the list of things to get me off defect.

Today I put the leaf springs in and they must be sagged or reset or something because they are only just above 320mm they are like 325 or 330 but it is above 320 so its all good..

Heres the new bits i got.

IMG_2439.jpg

Ride height

IMG_2446.jpg

And no more sticker stripe things on the rear. I much prefer it this way actually.

IMG_2447.jpg

Now to get rid of these horrid stickers on the front windscreen! yay! Then I badly need a wheel alignment and could do with a general service and tune also... all in good time...

Cheers

Chris

I'm probably just going to take my rolla to the inspection centre as is next week some time i had a long hard think bout filling in an engine swap form but then decided I'm not going to, because if they find out that the (it hasnt) engine has never been swapped and I'm trying to cover up the fact that its been plate swapped I'm going to be in big trouble because it will be obvious that i knew it was plate swapped and i am trying to cover it up. So I'm just going to go there a and act dumb if they start doubting things, and see what list they give me and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty back on the road! heck yes! drives pretty sweet with the new front bearings and tie rod ends. And love having a heater! Although something needs to be done about the high front springs. aaahh well all in good time.. just stoked to have it off defect and registered. :fuzz:

Went through the regency park inspection centre this time because lonsdale is fairly booked up. There is no difference anyway apart from the location.. its the same people. Both guys I had doing the inspection at lonsdale and regency owned old corollas of some sort and were very easy going and was basically a positive outcome apart from the money I had to spend .. But atleast now I have made my car safer and more enjoyable to drive. I would never have done the heater for example if I didn't have to so its all gooood.

Ill get some pics up soon. It's looking pretty tidy just need get the front lowered a little because it looks stupid.

Cheers