--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Dude, if you don't have the cash right away, park it up and wait till you do. Better still, come see me at work and we'll work out some decent pricing to get you back on the road reasonably quickly.

You'll kick yourself for selling something you've put quite a bit of work into to get it up to where it is at this point in time.

Stick with it and buy another runaround while you're fixing it up :lol:

Members dont see this ad

Thanks for the encouragement, I think thats just what i needed. Decided I will keep it for sure no matter what repairs are needed and just have it as a long term project. I like the idea of having a completely roadworthy car. I will also take up your offer when it comes time to start getting parts.

Rollas FTMFW!

hey dude. I haven't been a fan of jellybean rims untill I seen yours that day you came to my place they look sick on your car...

spewin about the defect aye...

I remember you telling me my indicator was too fast and to look out for the cops... yeh I got defected for that along with too low , too loud , and tinted tail lights...

took me a week to get it off.. I was so suprised it even got off..

anyway best of luck to ya hope it all goes well and for god sake keep that car...

cheers morgz

Cheers guys, can't believe you only got a cop shop defect for that hey,,, I mean.. I'm happy for you by all means, but what is with the inconsistency ?? It seems like its just a matter of how lucky are you, has this cop had a root lately, did you punch him in the face, is he bleeding from the punch, did you spit on his face after that kinda thing ya know???? I was as polite as I know how to be and he was just like " NAH your FEGGIT go to regency !!! haha kthnxbi

Cheers guys, can't believe you only got a cop shop defect for that hey,,, I mean.. I'm happy for you by all means, but what is with the inconsistency ?? It seems like its just a matter of how lucky are you, has this cop had a root lately, did you punch him in the face, is he bleeding from the punch, did you spit on his face after that kinda thing ya know???? I was as polite as I know how to be and he was just like " NAH your FEGGIT go to regency !!! haha kthnxbi

Edit: Misread your post, void comment.

Edited by xmoht

Yeah morgzz got defected for "too low , too loud , and tinted tail lights" and he only had to take it to the police station to make sure he had fixed these problems and then he is good to go.

Whereas I got defected for being "too low" nothing else and I get sent to Regency which means my car will be subject to a full roadworthy inspection.

Just annoying that they can be so inconsistent..

Edit : don't blame you haha it was a fair rant!

Edited by Oh-KE

Yeah morgzz got defected for "too low , too loud , and tinted tail lights" and he only had to take it to the police station to make sure he had fixed these problems and then he is good to go.

Whereas I got defected for being "too low" nothing else and I get sent to Regency which means my car will be subject to a full roadworthy inspection.

Just annoying that they can be so inconsistent..

Edit : don't blame you haha it was a fair rant!

Haha thank god for edit huh?

Yeah don't know his situation, but going 20kms over the limit probably didn't start you off well ;)

I admit I got what I deserved. But as far as I know all suspension defects are classed as a "major" defect which means a full road worthy. So yeah I know what I got was probably fair, I guess I just wish I got lucky! I never get lucky when it comes to cars ;)

Anyway enough dwelling on the past!! Doesn't get you anywhere!

Edited by Oh-KE

• 1 month later...

It's tiiiiime for an update... Went to get a roadworthy inspection today and it went pretty damn well but i have a few things to fix still.. before i went through, I had been cleaning up the engine bay making sure there are no signs of oil etc and just a general tidy up so they don't pick up on things as much.. i didnt even raise it up yet because i figured it was unlikely to pass first time round and i didnt want to do the springs when there was probably other stuff to do while i was under there.... SO.... once i have done the stuff on the list its free to go! stoked! :blush:

THE LIST

- Heater to operate (front windscreen demisters)

- Rear seatbelt to operate correctly

- Stickers to be removed from rear windows

- Front eyebrow height to be 335mm

- Rear eyebrow height to be 320mm

- Both front wheel bearings have excessive play

- Both front tie rod ends have excessive play

Thats it! :jamie:

The guy I had was friendly and knew his rollas. He said that overall the car is in great condition with very minimal rust and seems to never have been in a crash of any sort. Overall it was quite an enjoyable experience and certainly nothing like what I was expecting.. To anyone in SA needing to go through a roadworthy I highly recommend the Londsdale Inspection Centre!

Look forward to getting stuck into it again and get this beast rolling.. Although not really looking forward to doing the heater :/

Cheers

Chris

Sorry to hear about the defect mate hope all goes well.

the cops are being the bigest gfsdfkjfdghsdffyd#@#$@$#zkjdldhsf kents!!!!! lately My Ae71 wagon got defected the other week to regency same stuff to low and one of my tires was bald, but i didnt

even do anything wrong i was just minding my business no speeding no reckless driving i was even in the left land for god sake and this efn bike cop going the other way to me slammed his brakes on chucked his indicator on and came after me like i was some kind of terrorist, i puled over as soon as i saw him turn around i knew he was coming after me, and he was rude and arrogant he told me that I'm better off taking it to the wreckers and seeing how much i can get for it, i was as polite and as apologetic as i could possibly be and he wasn't having any of it. thanks once again SAPOL for making SA roads a safe place again :)

I'm yet to take mine and get it inspected but going by what u said its made me cheer up a bit, hopefully they wont ream me to much, best of luck with geting yours off defect mate miss seeing this wagz around the place. :)