Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1982 Corolla Ke70 Complete Restoration From Norway

Featured Replies

  • Author

Brought home some brand new roof mouldings from Toyota today, apparently they still had some in stock! :)

  • 7 months later...
  • Author

I dunno if any of you remember this project at all.. I can't recall exactly what happened, a lack of motivation and better things to do I guess. Lost what was important to me (building cars) but found some new things in life I realised was worth pursuing.. :laff: Moved back to Oslo in May and the car is still located in the southern part of Norway. I've found a place to store/work on it now though, so I hope we can get the car collected this week..

 

As it was after I got it out from the workshop it called home for 9 months:

IMG130-2-1.jpg

 

And into the new shed, where my Charade was chilling this winter. Like I said, hope to dig the KE70 out of that cave this week ;)

IMG135-2.jpg

Edited by eiriksmil

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I've now got the car into the new garage, here with a set of pre-facelift fenders I sourced:

IMG_8932-2.jpg

 

And the world's nicest Rolla next to it:

IMG_8933-2.jpg

I like the wallpaper Erik! Is that the motivation to get into the gaage? :(

 

I hope its warmer than my garage in winter!

  • Author

Not my art :( Not just me renting there, in addition to my two Corollas parked there there's a Mk2 VW Jetta and a Corrado.

I have no idea about the heat in the winter there, hopefully it's good but it's cold enough in there now in the summer :D

  • 11 months later...
  • Author

Something like that yeah.. :D haha

Nah, we've been putting some real work into that place for the last couple of months, plus I bought a Cressida which needs as much work as this Corolla, but it's not being built to the same level. On this one we're talking loads of chrome, 4AGE, air ride, paint to perfection.. In other words, lotsa $$$ and time, sadly I have none of that now :P

good to see this thread is still going. Love the garage too

  • Author

Sam_Q, thanks dude :) I gotta snap some pics of the whole toy barn one day, that's like 1/6th of me and a friend's car pad :)

 

Spencer, VW never brought out a Mk2 VR6, even though it's a common swap. Also, that's a Mk3.

  • Author

Haha, it's okay. It's sort of a shit box, but I love the way the Mk3 drives and looks. It's a car with character, like old Rollas (compared to say an E10 which I also got, great car but lacks soul), plus they're stupidly easy to build and the VW thing is huge in Norway, so the shows are always good :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.