February 1, 201115 yr comment_499998 Just got home. Turned the odometer over another 2,156km!!! Good to see and hear the ol' girl out. This is one awesome KE38, and boy does it have some chop. :y: Altho it couldn't keep up with dad's ute. :P Josh :cool: Report
February 1, 201115 yr Author comment_500001 Haha, Josh you whipper snipper. Didnt do too bad considering its 1300cc vs 5000cc Report
February 1, 201115 yr comment_500045 hahahhaha lol u guys good to hear ur home mate and u didnt have many dramas besides the off accident :glare: see ya jimi Report
February 3, 201115 yr Author comment_500613 Took the wagon for a wash tonight. Returned home on a tow truck. 2nd Universal in 6days. :bash: Report
February 3, 201115 yr comment_500632 I still say that you should go get some heavy duty universal joints or at least get the tailshaft rebalanced as that may be causing the issue. Report
February 3, 201115 yr comment_500647 Am I reading this right, pedders replaced both uni's and you blew it? That's got to be a warranty job there, even ripping skids shouldn't have blown one that quick, must have been done badly. Report
February 4, 201115 yr Author comment_500667 Am I reading this right, pedders replaced both uni's and you blew it? That's got to be a warranty job there, even ripping skids shouldn't have blown one that quick, must have been done badly. I replaced them myself. Followed the directions of a qualified mechanic of 20+ years. Report
February 4, 201115 yr Author comment_500676 Snapped 2 spigots off the cross again, tailshaft hit the ground. Lucky it was only doing like 10km/h in a carpark. Report
February 4, 201115 yr Author comment_500678 I don't see how "heavy duty" they could be, not much room for improvement on the Jap ones. Report
February 4, 201115 yr comment_500870 Well you just can't blame the fun you have in this thing !!! :D Hope it gets fixed and back on the road soon Ryan. :) Josh :cool: Report
February 4, 201115 yr comment_500876 Wow how many unis is that now? Very nice wags mate, I thought this was a van until raven and webers4x48 pointed it out at webers place after GOR. Can't argue about the reliabilty of the old girl with a near 2200km round trip. Getting back to your uni joints. Are you packing them with grease? The grease they use is like running none at all. I'm using the heavy duty ones behind my 5kz with 98rwkw and are now 6yr old. My 11 is a bit lighter than your 38 which helps too. Stu. Edited February 4, 201115 yr by kickn5k Report
February 4, 201115 yr Author comment_500877 Wow how many unis is that now? Very nice wags mate, I thought this was a van until raven and webers4x48 pointed it out at webers place after GOR. Can't argue about the reliabilty of the old girl with a near 2200km round trip. Getting back to your uni joints. Are you packing them with grease? The grease they use is like running none at all. I'm using the heavy duty ones behind my 5kz with 98rwkw and are now 6yr old. My 11 is a bit lighter than your 38 which helps too. Stu. Thanks Stu! Definatly reliable apart from uni's. 2nd front uni within a week. These have grease nipples on them. Instructions said to pump them full of grease until it begins to purge from all four seals. Gonna hit the wreckers up and get a BW78 out of a Pintara. Short axles are 100mm shorter than the long ones. so 2 short axles will get me to about 15mm wider than a KE30 diff either side. I'll use the Corolla BW tailshaft as they run holden 6cyl uni's. I still had all my GOR stuff in the car aswell as tools and 2 other passengers which the weight would have been up around the 1200kg mark. Ryan. Report
February 4, 201115 yr comment_500896 I still reckon heavy duty uni's are the way to go. Listen to Stu, he builds pistons for performance applications ;) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now