Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Hmmmm, another improvement.

Bought a set of neat tidy door cards from ASR.

Ripped off the skins

SDC10033.jpg

Bought 2 polar fleece blankets from K-mart :lolcry:

Coat $5 blanket with spray adhesive attach to door card.

SDC10034.jpg

Cut and attatch vinyl

SDC10035.jpg

Install

SDC10036.jpg

SDC10038.jpg

Members dont see this ad

How are you attaching the vinyl? Look like you need to stretch it a bit more.

There is a detailed bit on how I made mine in my build thread (page 2).

Pretty much the same as these.

I used 6mm staples and stapled the top edge, then stretched over the front and stapled the bottom. Then similar for the sides.

Looks good though, and its cheap :P

All mine made from scratch cost me about 40 bucks. :y:

can't relly use 6mm staples will go through the other side as he's only using the original boards... they are really thin.

I used 6mm staples and the board was as thin as his (4mm), as there is padding on the other side they do not go through to the vinyl.

If the board is thinner you can also get 4mm staples although they are hard to find.

I doubt I'd tell him to use 6mm staples if they didn't work on my own doors mate.:y:

EDIT : The original boards are pretty hard unlike the MDF I used for mine so they shouldn't even go all the way through.

Edited by blzbub666

I sprayed the polarfleece with adhesive, layed the vinyl face down then put the board on top, pulled the edges over and glued/stapled them.

I used 6mm staples as i couldnt find 4mm ones, can only just feel them come thru the front of the board.

The bit in the middle looks gimpy as the vinyl has been folded up in the back shed. Shoulda rolled it :bash:

Door Cards look good Ry0an. :y:

Now you just need to get onto the Front Wheels. :)

Josh :cool:

Front wheels were done at about 8:30 this morning. Wasnt able to give them a thorough going over like the rears. Alot of Autosol and rubbing harder than a schoolboy.

Looking really good man, DIY door trims are the go :y: Love the improvisation re: Kmart towels etc!

Thanks man! Oh for sure, I had KETURBO25 with me, spot light was closed so next stop, Kmart Linen department!

was looking freash this arvo ryan,,, great work,,,

Cheers Morgz, was good to see it out in the sun with plenty other fine examples of Jap Tin.

I agree now you have to do the front wheels :P

Random but are you considering tinting the rear tail lights at all? (Not the clear part obviously)

Refer to 1st reply.

Annnnnd.....No. I think the arse end is sexy like it is...