Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slo-038 + 10Psi

Featured Replies

Yeah, but they don't call Stu nana for no reason! Plus it seems stu is running an interesting combo of box and diff parts so I'm not sure it then are jap unis.

Mind you, I'm running two fresh jap unis in mine and I have given it heaps, just take a look at the marks in my driveway! The blown 5k hasn't killed them yet... But it has chewed a bearing in te gearbox.

 

JP

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 505.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

  • Author

Stu is running an import 5speed yes? The K50 with bugger all external ribbing?

 

I've killed an import 5speed, killed 1 jap uni unknown age, 1 6day old jap uni and made a Borg warner diff very unhappy at life.

Seems your doing all the right things. Holden 6 unis should be better, it still has me wondering why they are spitting so quicklly though. I'm thinking you may have just copped a bad batch of unis.

Hope you get on top of it soon.

 

Stu.

Stu is running an import 5speed yes? The K50 with bugger all external ribbing?.

I'm thinking its an import box. Considering the clutch plate I'm using had to be made and my brake and clutch guy said it is the same spline as a celica box. Also my setup makes awesome torque and still haven't smashed one yet.

As Jarrad said I'm pretty easy on g/boxes. But still torque is torque and I would have thought I would have stripped an imput shaft like 7k matt has done numerous times by now.

Bugger all ribs you say Ryan? Thanks for that I'll slide under it today and compare to the other 2 k50's I have.

That will explain it once and for all.

 

Stu.

Hey just checked part number on the spare uni I have and it's a heavy duty Holden 6 one. Sorry bout the confusion. You'll prob find they are cheaper at a bearing shop too.

 

Stu.

  • Author

The one i was running takes a standard 19 spline corolla clutch but the outside is relativly smooth with 2 vertical ribs each side and no horizontal ribbing.

 

Might have been a different casing with std internals? Still killed it.

 

What is the part number for the H/D Holden 6 uni? Might get a pair when i switch diffs.

 

Anyone know if the input flange on a Skyline/Pintara BW78 is the same as the KE30/55 BW68?

Shit Man,

I'd be checkin the tailshaft isnt off balance for a start then checkin the alignment of the

box and diff are correct there has to be a reason to snap those things the way you have

its not like you drive that hard not from what i saw anyway compared to me LOL

 

Looks like its back to the sketch pad for you!!

 

Good luck

Woz

  • Author

Replaced the broken Hardy-Spicer with a Precision/GMB one.

 

Rotated the tailshaft 180deg to the diff flange and it has eliminated any vibration that was there before.

 

Have a feeling thats what cause the new one to bust. Rather heavy vibrations at 75-85km/h.

 

 

 

 

All i can say is lucky it happened here in Adelaide!

  • Author

K50....... Another one bites the dust. W50 time soon.

spewing about the drivetrain issues mate hopefully there sorted soon

  • Author

Are you ready, are you ready for this?

Hangin on the edge of your seat,

Out of my gear box the sprockets rip....

 

Also, before I mashed my gearbox, I picked up a narva H4 conversion kit from Mick.

 

Fitted them whilst waiting for the RAA tech. Bloody massive improvement!!!!

f@$k me another box perhaps you driving style mixed with the puk clutch is killing it. Normal clutch probs won't mash it as quick.

  • Author

Got a new standard clutch here at home. That'll go in with the next box. Pretty over the puk clutch.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.