March 24, 201016 yr Author comment_424004 I can tell its off. The timing mark isnt correct (I had to remark it with engineers chalk) and it runs okish at 20 degrees advance....something isnt right, thats for sure. Report
March 24, 201016 yr comment_424092 IIRC, 1 tooth over on the cam sprocket advances/retards the timing 20deg. May have found your problem. Report
March 24, 201016 yr Author comment_424218 Yeah I've now borrowed a degree wheel and dial indicator so will give it a suss on the weekend and hopefully get it running reasonably well. Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_427093 Off to do some more work shortly. Gotta get this camshaft realigned! Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_427239 ....so, who in Adelaide on here wants to re-align my cam for me? Had a bitch of a time attempting to align it today to no avail. The damn thing won't start and just backfire's through the carbs. A carton of beer for the one who dials it in for me. Edited April 5, 201016 yr by Raven Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_427756 So how much was it off by mick? What else do you know about it? What grind is it? Also, you got a mechanical fuel pump for it, just in case? And if you don't have one, I've got a cheap redline fuel pressure gauge with in line fittings, just to check that's all good (unless you've already set it?) what time's not to early saturday? Report
April 7, 201016 yr Author comment_428000 So how much was it off by mick? What else do you know about it? What grind is it? Also, you got a mechanical fuel pump for it, just in case? And if you don't have one, I've got a cheap redline fuel pressure gauge with in line fittings, just to check that's all good (unless you've already set it?) what time's not to early saturday? Not sure how much its off by now. It wont even run at the moment. Cam specs I have here, don't want to divulge too much information online :thumbsup: I think I may have an old fuel pump somewhere, but wont need it as the current fuel pump is self priming/regulating. Um, How does 10am at my place sound and then we'll head out to the wagon from here? Report
April 9, 201016 yr Author comment_428401 That I am. I'll give you a buzz a little later on and give you my addy :( Cheers! Report
April 10, 201016 yr Author comment_428608 A BIG thanks to Tom for fixing my timing issues. Still have to swap over the timing cover and front pulley as they're wrong for the motor, but other than that, its running again, but it's way overfuelling. So gonna slap a stock 5K carb on it and tune it up and see how we go from there. :( Report
April 11, 201016 yr Author comment_428894 Another BIG thanks to Tom for lending me a stock carby and manifold to get it running. Now it runs normal! Video up later tonight! Report
April 11, 201016 yr Author comment_428957 The Video! For those without facebook - Click the picture above Edited April 12, 201016 yr by Raven Report
April 12, 201016 yr comment_429005 wicked man, I'm glad we had a productive day getting her going. I was mulling over it in my head on the way out there thinking "damn I hope this doesn't go all pandora's box on us" Report
April 12, 201016 yr Author comment_429153 wicked man, I'm glad we had a productive day getting her going. I was mulling over it in my head on the way out there thinking "damn I hope this doesn't go all pandora's box on us" Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Glad it all worked out. Not everybody uses facebook!!! :bash: My iPhone records in Quicktime movie format, so I'll have to convert it and upload it to photobucket later tonight after my chiro appointment. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now