Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

20v Into Ae71.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Its just a good quality denso one. I have a pretty unique cooling system, so its probably more to do with that, particularly where my temp probe is, as its not at the thermostat.

 

Just got the innovate LC 1 in the mail. Its pretty easy to configure, connect three wires, hit ignition for 20 seconds to calibrate it automatically, then plug it in more or less. Will have to get the bung welded in asap.

 

My fuel map is almost all guesswork right now, so I want to see how I went tuning it by feel first and just keep logging and refining as time goes by. Car goes great, but I just want to learn the exercise.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 933
  • Views 423.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Did anyone else pick the irony in this photo?  

  • hey mate, nice photos.   re: starter motor.   there is a auto electrician in wynnum that can rebuild your starter motor for a very reasonable price, brand new everything.   i got an alternator d

  • carbonboy
    carbonboy

    Wow, you've got all the fruit plus the bells & whistles, I love it too! :) Curiosity drives me to ask: With the GPS speedo, is there a possibility to program in a speed alert/chime into the system

Posted Images

so stock corolla size? I'm worried my VZV21 camry ones going to stop the car getting warm when I'm up totally up it, though we are going to set the fans off the haltech so hopefully thats enough to keep it in check.

 

as for tuning, just because theres not that much wrong with it, doesnt mean you shouldnt learn tuning, very great skill to have!

my workmate has the same sensor, it allows for very fine tuning according to him,, but hes using a carby (attatched to a 10 Sec valiant lol).

  • Author

don't mean to brag but my arse dyno tuning has been pretty amazing. I was a little out at low throttle high rpm, and high throttle low rpm, but the whole driveable areas of the map are near perfect afrs. Ive only tuned about 6 points in the map with it and am struggling to find more to tune at this time, looking at just leaving it on open loop and watching how it behaves for a while.

  • Author

good shit ul be abel to help me tune the 20v in the 36 then

 

 

Yeah I can tune yours the same way, if you let me daily the car for several months and tune it when and where I feel like it with no O2 sensor on a strictly experimental basis. Thats what I did, its not the smartest idea, but along the way I had a power run done on the dyno and discovered a happy sounding motor to me was a half a point lean, since discovering this I am doing much better, Ive even got good afrs through the warmup before the closed loop kicks in.

if its still alive u must be doing something rite dude

il give it to u for a weekend haha

  • Author

I'm doing another mod today.

 

Ive been thinking for a while how to get air to the quads without modifying the radiator support by cutting holes and ducting.

 

Ive also been wanting to make my radiator less efficient to keep a bit more heat in the motor, especially on the highway.

 

I think Ive come up with a good idea.

 

Ive made some radiator relocation brackets, I'm not moving it far, just about 3 inches to the exhaust side. This will help in a number of ways.

 

1. Some of the core will be partly obscured and therefore drop radiator efficiency a bit.

2. Will reveal a large slot that I can duct towards the inlets.

3. Will keep more of the heat from the radiators air to the exhaust side where its already hot.

 

Will report back with how I go.

interesting but why?

is it too cold on the highway and will this affect ur tune??

  • Author

As it stands, I can hit the cold rev limit on a long night time drive on the highway, so to make my tune work I need it to be a bit warmer in there. Once you go faster the problem gets worse.

 

Anyhow, the mod is completed, it worked awesome, just need to finish the ducting to get the most out of it. I now have approx 4 degrees cooler inlets temps unless I'm stationary.

  • Author

Just got a laptop so I can datalog with the car.

 

I got a Lenovo thing brand new for $225. Its great, just a 10 inch screen and a 250g hdd, 1gig ram and an intel atom 1.6ghz chip. Should be ideal for travelling around under the car seat logging data.

 

I'm taking it to the drags tonight to see how the afrs are up top.

 

I opened my rev limit up to 8500 to try and get more speed in each gear, so i need to watch the tuning and make sure its all sweet. The map reads like it should drive fine but I need to test afrs to really know.

 

Ive also finished ducting the slot next to the radiator. Looks Good. Hopefully it shares some cold air around.

  • Author

Been playing with the adaptronic, just found a feature that allows me to make the efi behave like FCRs with the power jet that enriches when the throttles are cracked open over and beyond what the tuning says it should do at any static point, its really helpful! Response is amazing, scary when you punch it out of a corner now, I love it. Monster is growing longer claws...

Been playing with the adaptronic, just found a feature that allows me to make the efi behave like FCRs with the power jet that enriches when the throttles are cracked open over and beyond what the tuning says it should do at any static point, its really helpful! Response is amazing, scary when you punch it out of a corner now, I love it. Monster is growing longer claws...

 

Please elaborate Matt, that sounds like a good feature to have set-up on the adapt.... something I'd like to option into my tune when the time comes..

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.