3k Head Onto A 4k Motor

3t-gteketo

Members dont see this ad

Yes it is that simple. ;)

I would recommend facing the head first though for peice of mind. And while we're on recommendations there's a search function tab in the top right corner. :)

Oh and you need to use the 4k pushrods as the 3k ones will pull up about 20mm too short.

Don't expect too much if thats the only mod you're doing though. ;)

Edited by Taz_Rx

also why the hell would you wanna put an older head on when you need to battle with the corrosion and all the other general wear, just get your 4k head machined down .020 or .040" and it will have the exact same effect, while your at it you might as well take a little while to get your ports opened up a little more.

that will increase flow and make your compression a descent amount higher

and yeh search button helps ALOT and also reading the FAQ

Pffft 4age.

In a ke1x where you want to keep it originalish and save a lot of stuffing around I'd agree with you.

Fact is that a ke30-70 is about 20-25% heavier. If you are capable of doing a conversion yourself, money would be better spent on a 4age. (dependent if you fall under P-plater laws).

By the time you build a decent NA K series, add twins, regraphed dizzy, tuning etc. You could quite easily sink 2-3 grand into one. In something like a ke70 a stock 4age would go just as hard and have more potential down the track.

agreed felix, thats EXACTLY what convinced me to go 4age but k series motors have something about them that makes some people want to keep them

if you get head skimmed on your 4k it will up the compression and it would go lovely with a nice 272 cam regrind and a weber :D

also while your getting your head skimmed you should see if you can get your flywheel lightened and balanced depending on how much you money you have

here is a video of a 4k with a bit of work

agreed felix, thats EXACTLY what convinced me to go 4age but k series motors have something about them that makes some people want to keep them

if you get head skimmed on your 4k it will up the compression and it would go lovely with a nice 272 cam regrind and a weber :P

also while your getting your head skimmed you should see if you can get your flywheel lightened and balanced depending on how much you money you have

here is a video of a 4k with a bit of work

can you pleaseeee take a video of it going around the block, sounds sickkk

• 4 years later...

Same question Reggie, how much money have you got? You can easily sink $4000 into a 4K if you want it fast and reliable. You can make a nice, easy-to-drive, under-the-cop's-radar 4K that keeps up with the traffic easily enough.

What's the car going to be used for?

What experience do you ahve in modifying motors?

How much work can you do and how much will you have to pay for?

Read this topic & start a new thread with all the questions-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/64432-how-to-tackle-that-engine-conversion/

..and take a look at what I did on my daughter's-

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/42407-the-girls-ke70/