Sr 20det To Go In My Ke35 In Brisbane

Sr Rolla

Members dont see this ad

i think the ke35 is borderline on weight for a 2L forced induction, errrr runs off........ um um ok got the book,

ok weight is stated at 864kg

864 x 2.5 for forced induction = 2160cc :P

ke25 is 756kg and 1890cc forced induction limit. so ke35 is a bit heavier but there are so many 2L turbo motors to drop into it!

i take it you didnt enjoy replacing seals every few months? a pp 13b would have hauled!

so how come you chose sr20?

yeah you'd probably be looking at 10-15k drive away. but we're not mechanics, so call around and get prices. look in magazines like fast fours for workshops that do this kind of work, or call around importers in your area and see if they either do the work, or can recommend someone

sounds sweet dude SR35 haha that would be a good licence plate

i have a ke35 too but I'm putting in a 4age motor in as it is still toyota and has reasonable power.

I like your enthusium dude thats a lot of power for a ke35, sr20 dam that rolla is going to move fast if set up correctly, hope these lads (rollaclub) can help u out cause they have helped me out bigtime.

The only advise that i can give u is save some money do some research and keep positive, cause its easier too give up than keep on going , just think of the end result u maybe one of a handfull of people that have that have done this conversion something to be proud of and have alot of fun in

ryan

and seriously, if you're just going from a stock car to an sr20det then think twice. even one of these cars with even 100kw is bordering on the limits of useability for the everyday driver. a turbo 2L would be a car you'd have to baby everywhere unless you were a VERY good experienced driver

hehe.... he has an exhaust for a 13b peripheral port that was in a ke35 with nos too!

now there's some drivability issues, and an 11 second pass!

as for everyday driving lol, so true. so many people think they can have a 10 second car and a daily driver in one car :P

Edited by styler

My cousin can second that! He drives a 10 second commodore ONLY when he feels the need to... at street meets. He has a KE30 for a daily driver for that reason.

I personally think it should've been the other way around! Like what I'm doing.. the VT is my daily driver and I'll go spastic on the Rolla! :P

LoL........Money for 1 is no real big issue...I was expecting around a 10 to 15 driveaway price for sr20 conversion anyway in a shop..I have sourced a half cut black top for my rolla for $1500...car already has a vl turbo diff with full spool,new 4:1:1...And upgraded rear and front discs..The fire wall has been moved back 100mm and gearbox tunnel raised by 70mm..So should be a straight drop in..I'm hoping to get the motor and gearbox sat in.Exhaust and front mount piping made up for say$3000.Through a mate.Then i can take the rest from there.I just thought i should just ask around anyway to see if anyone new anyone.Thanks.

and seriously, if you're just going from a stock car to an sr20det then think twice. even one of these cars with even 100kw is bordering on the limits of useability for the everyday driver. a turbo 2L would be a car you'd have to baby everywhere unless you were a VERY good experienced driver

I never for 1 said it was a daily driver.....I have a toyota camry for that{go the drift camry}And since ive owned a rx3 13b p/p with a 70 shot of nos putting out 320 at the wheels...The driveability of a 300hp at the wheels Sr 20 rolla would be nothing but smooth ,hard cruising as opposed to a p/p 13b.And I also have mates with vl with rb26 conversions stroked 308's and 13b rotors all with lockers that are everyday car's.That's why I'm building this because its lighter and when well tuned it will give it great streetability and reliability {running stock blacktop with just front mount and uppening the boost}