Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 Lowering Blocks

Featured Replies

hey all,

 

just putting the question out there to those who may know or have tried it themselves. do any lowering blocks from other cars fit a ke20 leaf pack? i used some out of a ke20 for my ke30 and the round bit on the top was slightly modded. just wanting to know if i have some options.

 

and i know, you all hate lowering blocks :)

I had used 2" Holden blocks when my old white KE20 was low. If you go into Pedders for example and tell them you're after lowering blocks for your KE20, tell them the centre pin size, and that Holden blocks fit they should be figure out what model and get them in for you.

 

I only ended up using Holden blocks as they couldn't find the correct KE20 blocks.

if you are after ke20 lowering blocks, I have a set that are NOT going to be used on our ke20...

 

where abouts are you? I'm in orange nsw.

 

 

Robert.

  • Author
I had used 2" Holden blocks when my old white KE20 was low. If you go into Pedders for example and tell them you're after lowering blocks for your KE20, tell them the centre pin size, and that Holden blocks fit they should be figure out what model and get them in for you.

 

I only ended up using Holden blocks as they couldn't find the correct KE20 blocks.

 

ok cool, were the U bolt sizes the same as well then? how much were pedders after for the blocks?

 

if you are after ke20 lowering blocks, I have a set that are NOT going to be used on our ke20...

 

where abouts are you? I'm in orange nsw.

 

 

Robert.

 

Adelaide mate, what size have you got?

Ah yeah, the U bolts for the Holden kit are obviously too big but so I exchanged them for a set to suit. Pretty sure they are the smallest ones they make

 

From memory they charged me $80 cost price, think around $100 normally.

 

Cheers, Ben.

I installed a set of blocks from rare spares.......they were meant to fit my ke20 but had to get larger u-bolts (custom made from suspension shop $25) and drill out the bottom plate cause the u-bolts were thicker and the cenering pin on the blocks didn't fit.

 

I've seen a few guys that just get longer u-bolts made up and chock anything strong enough like timber or old leaf spring leaves chopped and welded.

Incidentally, Lowering blocks are Legal in south australia and as far as I'm concerned, if the lawmakers deem them ok then they can't be as bad as everyone makes out.

 

They need to be pinned/positively located to be legit though.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

just to bump this, does anyone know the center pin size for ke20s?

just to bump this, does anyone know the center pin size for ke20s?

 

 

mine were 19mm , same as for the ke35

  • Author

ok well i called pedders for the second time this week and apparently they can only do a 2.5 block for a ke20 which is stupid low. i hda given him the measurements for the pin size leaf width and u bolt sizing and he said they couldnt use other blocks for it. i really don't wanna reset the leafs as if i change my mind i'm stuck with it.

 

anyone got any suggestions?

  • Author

nha, i have thought about cutting blocks though, as sketchy as that is

If you decide to get them cut , get it done at a slight (calculated) angle to line up the diff. Reduces wear on the uni joints.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.