Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae71 Corolla - Mr Hanky

Featured Replies

Collected my latest machine from twentyeight today... given its brown and my girlfriend thinks it looks like crap, we have christened him Mr Hanky!

 

I was only half intending to buy it to be honest.. thought it would be a good buy under $1000 and put a bid in on ebay at $950... watched it creep right up to that number and thought oh well, its not meant to be... but the other bidder stopped at $948 and it ended up mine! Here I was thinking I was just helping Simon pay for the Crown by helping the bidding price up hehehe

 

Not sure what I am going to do with it yet.. clean it up..rego it... put some decent lowered springs in it rather than the bodgy cut ones it has in the rear... fit the air-conditioning...maybe a decent steering wheel....I hear the $$ flowing from my wallet already!

 

Anyways first step was to slot a set of Enkei Crossfevers on to it that have been taking up space in the garage, which were originally acquired for the race car.

 

Before and After shots

 

img2092c.jpg

 

img2094x.jpg

 

img2095h.jpg

 

img2096s.jpg

 

img2099a.jpg

 

img2100f.jpg

 

img2101m.jpg

 

img2102p.jpg

  • Replies 70
  • Views 73.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice buy there, looks neat from the pics. The wheels really suits the car!

 

Have you got aircon? I want aircon on my wagon in this heat lol.

Collected my latest machine from twentyeight today... given its brown and my girlfriend thinks it looks like crap, we have christened him Mr Hanky!

 

I was only half intending to buy it to be honest.. thought it would be a good buy under $1000 and put a bid in on ebay at $950... watched it creep right up to that number and thought oh well, its not meant to be... but the other bidder stopped at $948 and it ended up mine! Here I was thinking I was just helping Simon pay for the Crown by helping the bidding price up hehehe

 

Not sure what I am going to do with it yet.. clean it up..rego it... put some decent lowered springs in it rather than the bodgy cut ones it has in the rear... fit the air-conditioning...maybe a decent steering wheel....I hear the $$ flowing from my wallet already!

 

Anyways first step was to slot a set of Enkei Crossfevers on to it that have been taking up space in the garage, which were originally acquired for the race car.

 

Before and After shots

 

img2092c.jpg

 

img2094x.jpg

 

img2095h.jpg

 

img2096s.jpg

 

img2099a.jpg

 

img2100f.jpg

 

img2101m.jpg

 

img2102p.jpg

 

SWEEEEEEET any rust?

  • Author

It has a full air-con set up...in the boot! Will get around to fitting it at some point I hope.

 

Body is pretty good, though I think its had a recent respray and that may well cover all sorts of sins! Little bit just in the corner near the boot seal, thats it that I have seen though.

Hmmm.. wanna sell the aircon set-up to me? Send me a PM if you do :)

  • Author

Nope.. unless you want to offer me $500 for it :)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

It was a moderately productive weekend with Mr Hanky, despite the crap weather!

 

Hired a rug doctor from the local safeway and gave the interior a good carpet shampoo. It came up a treat!

 

img2316j.jpg

 

img2317ft.jpg

 

img2318s.jpg

 

img2319jd.jpg

 

Also replaced the dodgy chopped springs with the standard ones that twentyeight supplied with the car. dfunkt reckoned the stance was all wrong before... how about now?? dragster!!

 

img2322e.jpg

 

img2320m.jpg

 

Clearly need to get good springs into it front and rear after rego inspection eh?!

  • 2 weeks later...

I just gotta bump this for super dopeness. Auto, Enkeis, the right paint, clean interior, a super nice cruiser. Man I'm envious right now :D

  • Author

Thanks for the bump. Not as much progress as I would have liked.

 

The vacuum hoses are a mess on it, so I need to visit a wrecker or Dave and try and work out what's missing and where they all go.

 

I bought some well priced king springs for the rear for after rego inspection, which weren't meant to be chopped, but turns out they are :D oh well. Might offload them again and get unchopped ones.

 

Also got a steering wheel coming from SA for it.. should have been here by now but courier seems to be taking a while!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Not much progress, my Celica is back in the garage from the painter and I am focussing on that for the moment.

 

Still there is one addition - a fully drift steering wheel :)

 

img2357w.jpg

nice looking rolla look like it was bargain

its the "Jankey Hankey" Clean ride mate will do up a treat :lol:

Nice car man..What did the steering wheel set you back? Also where did you get it from?

  • Author

I got it second hand on the forums and was about $120 with the boss I think.

 

otomoto do one very similar for similar money and i have also seen one on ebay that was well priced, but they were out of stock when i wanted it.

 

This is the seller:

 

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Drift-Steering-Whee...=item53dec04b48

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.