Ae71 Corolla - Mr Hanky

silverra23

Collected my latest machine from twentyeight today... given its brown and my girlfriend thinks it looks like crap, we have christened him Mr Hanky!

I was only half intending to buy it to be honest.. thought it would be a good buy under $1000 and put a bid in on ebay at $950... watched it creep right up to that number and thought oh well, its not meant to be... but the other bidder stopped at $948 and it ended up mine! Here I was thinking I was just helping Simon pay for the Crown by helping the bidding price up hehehe

Not sure what I am going to do with it yet.. clean it up..rego it... put some decent lowered springs in it rather than the bodgy cut ones it has in the rear... fit the air-conditioning...maybe a decent steering wheel....I hear the $$ flowing from my wallet already!

Anyways first step was to slot a set of Enkei Crossfevers on to it that have been taking up space in the garage, which were originally acquired for the race car.

Before and After shots

img2092c.jpg

img2094x.jpg

img2095h.jpg

img2096s.jpg

img2099a.jpg

img2100f.jpg

img2101m.jpg

img2102p.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collected my latest machine from twentyeight today... given its brown and my girlfriend thinks it looks like crap, we have christened him Mr Hanky!

I was only half intending to buy it to be honest.. thought it would be a good buy under $1000 and put a bid in on ebay at $950... watched it creep right up to that number and thought oh well, its not meant to be... but the other bidder stopped at $948 and it ended up mine! Here I was thinking I was just helping Simon pay for the Crown by helping the bidding price up hehehe

Not sure what I am going to do with it yet.. clean it up..rego it... put some decent lowered springs in it rather than the bodgy cut ones it has in the rear... fit the air-conditioning...maybe a decent steering wheel....I hear the $$ flowing from my wallet already!

Anyways first step was to slot a set of Enkei Crossfevers on to it that have been taking up space in the garage, which were originally acquired for the race car.

Before and After shots

img2092c.jpg

img2094x.jpg

img2095h.jpg

img2096s.jpg

img2099a.jpg

img2100f.jpg

img2101m.jpg

img2102p.jpg

SWEEEEEEET any rust?

It has a full air-con set up...in the boot! Will get around to fitting it at some point I hope.

Body is pretty good, though I think its had a recent respray and that may well cover all sorts of sins! Little bit just in the corner near the boot seal, thats it that I have seen though.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a moderately productive weekend with Mr Hanky, despite the crap weather!

Hired a rug doctor from the local safeway and gave the interior a good carpet shampoo. It came up a treat!

img2316j.jpg

img2317ft.jpg

img2318s.jpg

img2319jd.jpg

Also replaced the dodgy chopped springs with the standard ones that twentyeight supplied with the car. dfunkt reckoned the stance was all wrong before... how about now?? dragster!!

img2322e.jpg

img2320m.jpg

Clearly need to get good springs into it front and rear after rego inspection eh?!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the bump. Not as much progress as I would have liked.

The vacuum hoses are a mess on it, so I need to visit a wrecker or Dave and try and work out what's missing and where they all go.

I bought some well priced king springs for the rear for after rego inspection, which weren't meant to be chopped, but turns out they are :D oh well. Might offload them again and get unchopped ones.

Also got a steering wheel coming from SA for it.. should have been here by now but courier seems to be taking a while!

• 3 weeks later...

I got it second hand on the forums and was about $120 with the boss I think.

otomoto do one very similar for similar money and i have also seen one on ebay that was well priced, but they were out of stock when i wanted it.

This is the seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Drift-Steering-Whee...=item53dec04b48