What Pistons For 4agte

flat out

hey guys after an opinion on what pistons to get with my rebuild kit, i have the option of wiseco forged pistons to suit 4age or 4agze,

plans for the engine it to rebuild it and run it NA untill i have every thing sorted then fit turbo (HKS T28) and aftermarket computer ect,

i could get 4agze pistons and shave the head to bring the compression back up to near stock then i have to source a new head once the turbo goes on (allows me to build a decent head with cams and such)

4age pistons and run a decomp plate

4age pistons and keep the boost lowish and still be drivable off boost

thanks guys :blush:

also its a smallport if it makes any different

Members dont see this ad

new owner of my old car made 127rwkw at only 7psi with the smallport (i had 130rwkw at 10psi on a different tune which was still very safe).

my advice for you would be to rebuild with smallport GZE pistons (8.9:1) which would still be driveable without boost, then very capable of high boost when you need it.

get the GZE pistons and only reface the block, will have around 9:1 compression as mentioned and you will be able to run pretty high boost later on whilst still keeping it drivable without the turbo on

what size can you bore the block out to if you use the wiseco pistons??