4age On Carbs Or 5k

corollaart

Hi i no its been done before .I just tossing up between 5k (for ease of conversion)or just go 4age .

I would like to keep it on carbies ,because i have a couple of sets (1 set 40s 1 set 45s weber)

I should mention its a club car not road car .I all ready have hydro clutch and a t50 in it (k-t bellhousing).

As well i have a lot respect for the little k engines ,been floging this 4k for 3 years hasnt let me down ever :wink: .

Just lacking a bit on the power side.

Id be interested to hear what people with 4ages on carbs think,read a lot on it today my head hurts.

Because you no i m going to bombard you with questions :wink:

Thanks in advance rob

Members dont see this ad

Yes considered 2tg option but there getting harder to find and really over priced.Saying that i not bagging them there a great engine just getting old.(like me) :jamie:

The 4age is still plentiful ,and bits and pieces are reasonable priced.

Hey mr h1 roll4 mined if pm you some questions .Promise only about48 :yes:

thanks guys rob :y:

Ok so i m going to look at a couple motors tommorow don't no exactly what they are may be bigports ,not sure yet :jamie:

S0 i plan to get it tuned properly .

Any one no a GOOD tuner with dyno and knows his weber s##t willing to travel ,brisbane better for me but will travel sydney if i have to :y:

As the guys here havent got over there hq s holdens and fully sick xf falcons

When i mean a good tuner i mean a good tuner not some ripoff joint.(old school :yes: ) Like old school rally .

cheers rob

when i had my 86 with small port 4age on dellorto's i found the best tuners were Alfa mechanics as

they dealt with twin side draughts all day

venturi size will make or break the conversion

it's an easy conversion to do .. i did mine over a weekend and was driving it on the Monday morning

as for a linkage system i slightly modified the original Alfa setup when i mounted em on my GE and was still able to use the factory 4ac accellerator cable etc

Ignition ... Scorcher do a hybrid dizzy using various parts electronic stand alone with or without vacuum a dvance

Manifold ..Hardimann's in sydney supply one for like $220

i used all the 4ac stuff in my conversion as it was there and the basic architecture of both engines is the same

made 160 hp at the flywheel with ported head , 11.1 compression stock cams and properly setup carbs

sounded the business at 8000 rpm...but better on lift when it crackled and farted and let everyone know it was carbied

Thanks every one for there replies ,thanks josh for the info :y: Picked up two red top 16v for 550 today ,one good one rooted.

Also talked to a bloke with a 86 he said i have a bellhousing that you can have :jamie: .

So in the ute and picked it as well so every think is on track :yes: .

cheers rob