November 27, 200916 yr comment_393947 Hi guys and girls. Id like to hear from those whove actually built a tough motor. I'm considering buying JE, CP, or Wiseco forged pistons to raise compression for a high compression atmo engine. These three brands are easily available to me for around $700 delivered a set for the 2azfe I'm putting into the other car. I'm still looking around, there may be other brands available as well, and Ill add the info when I get it. So out of the three brands mentioned above, what have you used and why? Cheers. :jamie: Report
November 27, 200916 yr comment_393994 je's we never had a prblem using them in the race boat also the weights are very very even straight out of the box thet also run good gudgeon and spiralocks.. Report
November 27, 200916 yr comment_394010 I have only ever heard complaints about CP, some people seem to think they make the ring lands too thin, I think they just need to tune their engines properly. Report
November 30, 200916 yr comment_394508 I have only ever heard complaints about CP, some people seem to think they make the ring lands too thin, I think they just need to tune their engines properly. I would say the failures ive seen have had nothting to do with tune issues. It has been cracks coming up from the bott of skirt and ovalised pins and shrinking skirt sizes. From both CP and Wiseco pistons. Cracks come from sharp edges and the oval pins and shrinking shirts(only on big boost turbo engines) are from not being made beefy enough for the application. Not really an issue in your high comp aplication. JE`s are nice but all of these brands are MASS produced so if they don't have a high comp on shelf piston its a custom made jobby which would be more like $1000-$1200. And if they arrive and they are not spot on for your task bad luck. Special Piston services in Vic make custom forged pistons. Can make 7.0:1-13:1 comp and change comp height for longer rods etc. They are not cheap though around the $1250 mark. the ph no is (03) 9793-1110 hope that helps. Edited November 30, 200916 yr by kickn5k Report
December 3, 200916 yr comment_395222 Thats what I'm using, made by mahle according to the box. Report
December 3, 200916 yr comment_395227 Considered Cosworth? They've really started to come to the show with tuner gear. They probably don't have the pistons you're after off the shelf but they're more than happy to make them. A guestimate price would be something like $1500-2000. http://www.cosworthusa.com/store/pc/viewPr...mp;idproduct=78 VQ35 pistons, yummmmmmmm :D Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now