Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke18 Wagon (of The Rising Sun)

Featured Replies

Hi Guys, thought I'd finally get around to posting some pics of my KE18. Yes, this wagon used to belong to Gavclassic, I bought it off him about a year or so ago and the car now lives with me in Toowoomba.

 

There was some rust in the roof that I needed to fix, so I thought that if I was going to have to repaint the roof I might as well add a little spice while I was at it.

 

I thought that I'd pop up the few pics I had to get peoples opinions. I will take some sexy pics of the whole car very soon and pop them up for all to ogle over. I'll get around to the pics and I'll put some info on the car up in the next few days as well, just don't have alot of time right now.......

 

Please, I'm interested in what people think.......leave comments.......

 

 

 

photo015c.jpg

 

 

photo014iv.jpg

 

 

photo013on.jpg

Very nice :yes: I have a ke18 windowless panelvan that I'm tidying up a bit. I love the colour, would you know the name of it as I'm considering painting mine the same. ;)

Interior and engine bay pics would be awesome. :P

That . . . is . . . awesome :P

FKN TOPS!!!

 

i hope it's the original toyota red, i <3 the "Fireball" red that toyota used. :P

i don't think it's the original red that KE10's came in, they were the darker maroon colour like mine.

 

I spoke to Gav about 3 years ago about buying this, it's a good clean ride.

 

Roof is cool, I'd probably not do it to mine though! Has it still got the 7K?

yay another awesome panelvan, looks f@ckin excellent

 

definetly get up some more photos of this sweet rig.

Oh man..... that is something special. Jeez, it seems like everyone has a KE1* wagon of some sort except for me all of a sudden.

 

Love the roof mate. That's killer.

Oh man..... that is something special. Jeez, it seems like everyone has a KE1* wagon of some sort except for me all of a sudden.

 

Love the roof mate. That's killer.

 

They certainly are coming out of the woodwork lately.

 

KE1x's dominate yeah boi :P

  • Author

Hi Guys! Thanks for the responce and enthusiasm, in answer to some of the questions, no, I'm pretty sure it isn't the original Toyota Red. However it was originally red, the interior and engine bay have not been repainted in the newer red, but the colour of the original red is not that far off this red, I would say the original is a bit more pinky.....maybe....it is hard to say.

 

In answer to Philbey, it no longer has the 7K (sigh), Gav had pulled that out and replaced it with a worked 3K-B before I got it. A real pitty really as I would have been much more keen on it with the 7K, but I was not looking for a wagon when it had it for sale the first time, but these things happen. Never the less, I was not happy with the 3K-B, (worked little engines don't really do it for me, I would rather a stock engine), so I have pulled the 3K and popped in a healthy 4K-C from a 1984 KE70 wagon. I know alot of people would think it foolish to rip out a hot 3K-B in lieu of a stock standard 4K, but the 4K idles smooth, and starts perfect everytime, uses less fuel and is generally nicer to drive than the 3K, so I'm happy, even if it isn't really the most "appropriate" engine for the car. To me the 4K (with the headers I had on the car with the 3K) seems to make about as much power as the 3K, but with WAY more torque, so I see it as winner winner winner for me.

 

Thanks again for the comments guys, I appreciate it, I think I'm still a little unsure if the flag-roof thing was a good idea, and it is good to hear positive comments.

 

I will try to get some photos of the interior and the engine and other bits up soon, but probably not before the weekend.

 

Thanks!!

Matthew

i reckon that roof looks amazing man! fantastic car!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.