February 21, 201115 yr comment_504698 a full set of slave cylinders would be front brake claipers and wheel cylinders? UHHH? Report
February 21, 201115 yr Author comment_504750 My few days of Fails and learning curves Ok so here goes. Bought new master on Friday. Ella came up Sat morning to help install and bleed. Installed fine, everything tight. Problem 1: Air kept creeping in somewhere Problem 2: Pedal travel too short for some reason. Luke and Reed bleed brakes for hours to no avail, finally give up before smashing things. Sunday Reed decides to have another go. Opens bleeder nipple on RL drum and cannot close it, its stripped. Need new slave Has to wait till the missus gets home before I can get a new one, last shop I went to. Get home and install slave, would of done both but they only had 1. Gravity bleed brakes as missus is busy looking after our kid. NO AIR IN LINES WHATSOEVER.<br><br>Push brake pedal and nothing. Decide to remove master and check, can't find a 10mm, decide to buy flare nut spanner to save stripping bolts Give up for Sunday.< Monday, buy spanners. Get home and begin to remove master. Even with spanner manage to strip a bolt, but its on the short line so undo it from splitter. Bench bleed MC with out a bench, get covered in brake fluid. Install and bleed system again. Still nothing. Starting to get REALLY MAD. Sit in drivers seat in anger and STOMP on pedal, feel something give in MC and finally get proper pedal movement. >Bleed system AGAIN NO bubbles, hit pedal, goes to the floor. Disillusion sets in. Drink beer. Check everything, RL drum cover is still off so slave is blowing fluid everywhere. Feel like a dick for a bit.< Replace drum cover. Get missus to help bleed AGAIN during the ads while she is watching Glee. BRAKES MOTHER F**KER Test drive and forget to tighten wheel nuts. Tighten wheel nuts. Accelerate and come to a stop. Drink more beer and update thread. :laff: Edited February 21, 201115 yr by blzbub666 Report
February 21, 201115 yr comment_504753 LOL, you dumbass, btw, they are wheel cylinders, not slaves :P Report
February 21, 201115 yr comment_504754 My few days of Fails and learning curves Ok so here goes. Bought new master on Friday. Ella came up Sat morning to help install and bleed. Installed fine, everything tight. Problem 1: Air kept creeping in somewhere Problem 2: Pedal travel too short for some reason. Luke and Reed bleed brakes for hours to no avail, finally give up before smashing things. Sunday Reed decides to have another go. Opens bleeder nipple on RL drum and cannot close it, its stripped. Need new slave. Has to wait till the missus gets home before I can get a new one, last shop I went to. Get home and install slave, would of done both but they only had 1. :n: Gravity bleed brakes as missus is busy looking after our kid. NO AIR IN LINES WHATSOEVER. Push brake pedal and nothing. Decide to remove master and check, can't find a 10mm, decide to buy flare nut spanner to save stripping bolts Give up for Sunday. Monday, buy spanners. Get home and begin to remove master. Even with spanner manage to strip a bolt, but its on the short line so undo it from splitter. Bench bleed MC with out a bench, get covered in brake fluid. Install and bleed system again. Still nothing. Starting to get REALLY MAD. Sit in drivers seat in anger and STOMP on pedal, feel something give in MC and finally get proper pedal movement. Bleed system AGAIN :bash: NO bubbles, hit pedal, goes to the floor. Disillusion sets in. Drink beer. Check everything, RL drum cover is still off so slave is blowing fluid everywhere. Feel like a dick for a bit. Replace drum cover. Get missus to help bleed AGAIN during the ads while she is watching Glee. BRAKES MOTHER F**KER Test drive and forget to tighten wheel nuts. Tighten wheel nuts. Accelerate and come to a stop. Drink more beer and update thread. :laff: mate what a hell of a weekend and now you have brakes again well done mate even with all the frustration you managed to get angry and then got it working well done to you sir should i add your name now to the june classic Report
February 21, 201115 yr Author comment_504757 LOL, you dumbass, btw, they are wheel cylinders, not slaves :P Bro how much did I learn though? :laff: I'm no mechanic and I'm freaking proud that I managed to sort it out. Most people would make a thread and every man and his dog would give 10 different opinions on how to fix it. I just stuck to it and learned a FVCK load about hydraulic brake systems while I did. And yeah that slave was a typo. :happy: Report
February 21, 201115 yr comment_504758 i swapped the diff out on my kesev on the weekend... and i also forgot to put the drum cover on... i realised as soon as i put the pedal down... this was accompanied by many profanities :P Report
February 21, 201115 yr comment_504762 Bro how much did I learn though? :laff: I'm no mechanic and I'm freaking proud that I managed to sort it out. Most people would make a thread and every man and his dog would give 10 different opinions on how to fix it. I just stuck to it and learned a FVCK load about hydraulic brake systems while I did. And yeah that slave was a typo. :happy: Bah, I make mistakes too, I just love the way you do your write ups, always funny, was going to say that if you didn't sort it out by this weekend then I could probably come up with the vacuum pump but good to see it is sorted. Report
February 21, 201115 yr Author comment_504764 I hope its sorted. I reckon I blow the RR wheel cylinder on the way to work tomorrow, just to piss me off. Report
February 21, 201115 yr comment_504769 so when does the sledgie come out???? Just break the old one please!!!!!!!!!! then take a picture of it smashed it'll make you feel better :yes: works for me :P hahahaha Good to hear you have brakes again sir, keep into it and it'll come good for another 6 - 12months then you'll have another 6 months of changing shit, then another 6 - 12 of it going sweet, it's just toyota pms :laff: Report
February 21, 201115 yr comment_504771 so when does the sledgie come out???? Just break the old one please!!!!!!!!!! then take a picture of it smashed it'll make you feel better :yes: works for me :P hahahaha Good to hear you have brakes again sir, keep into it and it'll come good for another 6 - 12months then you'll have another 6 months of changing shit, then another 6 - 12 of it going sweet, it's just toyota pms :laff: +1 on this, problems always come in one big hit, then its quiet for a little while, then another big hit just comes again... its the way of life and toyotas :P Report
February 21, 201115 yr Author comment_504772 Forgot to mention I need to do a full ignition/engine service. :huh: I'm just happy it stops though. Report
February 22, 201115 yr Author comment_504959 When I tested it, it was wet and couldnt feel it properly. On the way to work it was a bit too spongy and pulled to the right. Bleed it again you ask? Why not says Reed. Front left line STILL had air in it. :bash: Please Rolla gods, enough! Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_504972 so bench bleeding the master solved the problem? :rolls: Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_504976 Monday, buy spanners. Get home and begin to remove master. Even with spanner manage to strip a bolt, but its on the short line so undo it from splitter. Bench bleed MC with out a bench, get covered in brake fluid. Install and bleed system again. Still nothing. Starting to get REALLY MAD. Sit in drivers seat in anger and STOMP on pedal, feel something give in MC and finally get proper pedal movement. so bench bleeding the master solved the problem? :rolls: No. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now