Towing A Car On A Single Axle Trailer????

macca__1590

Members dont see this ad

Yes you can, BUT:

Thou shalt not:

Exceed the Gross carrying capacity of the tralier.

As stated above, careful with the ball weights

And make sure the tyres on the trail can handle the weight of the trailer plus the car. Otherwise REALLY bad things will happen.

I prefer dual axle myself.

Edited by Redwarf

Tow it on single axle trailer if happy to do so ,weights depend on axles size and tyre ratings (most do use light truck tyres for there rateing)

I travel about 150 000 ks a year ,do you no how many single axle caravans ,box trailers you see on the side of the road .

Not to mention the poor bugar up the f3 with his brand new boat spatted up the freeway ( he was crying literally)

Not a good idea unless you purpose build it,and maintain it.

Just my 2c worth

rob

Oh so true Rob,

The amount of people i see on the sides of the roads with boat trailers missing wheels due to bearing failure (no maintenance) is astonishing.

I'm planning on building a double axle car trailer in the new year, purposly built for the weight and size of the KE corollas.

Oh so true Rob,

The amount of people i see on the sides of the roads with boat trailers missing wheels due to bearing failure (no maintenance) is astonishing.

I'm planning on building a double axle car trailer in the new year, purposly built for the weight and size of the KE corollas.

Yep doing the same atm .Ive just got to stop buying engines ,gearboxs :dance:

Only think with that don't let all your mates no you have a car trailer.

The bloody phone never stops ringing,and you can bet that some dick head will try put kenworth on it :y:

Trust me its happened may i suggest you make it a bit bigger than corolla to fit on just incase :y:

rob

ps sorry off topic

I always used a double axle trailer. Saved me once when I blew a tyre. Didn't know about it until I looked at the trailer the next day and saw that the only thing left was the bead.

Tossed the light truck tyres that were on it as

1. it used to be a bit unstable on the road

2. it was way to high and I used to rip the exhaust of the Rolla :y:

A swap to a set of deep dish 13 x 8 mags and a decent set of tyres solved both issues :dance:

A set of "go jacks" like the old man just got will make one easy to move as well

Edited by coln72

Only think with that don't let all your mates no you have a car trailer.

The bloody phone never stops ringing,and you can bet that some dick head will try put kenworth on it :dance:

Trust me its happened may i suggest you make it a bit bigger than corolla to fit on just incase :y:

rob

ps sorry off topic

I'm making it to suit KE's and smaller for a reason :y:

But definatly making it to suit lowered cars as not to have the same problems as coln72 discribed.

CHEERS

Ryan

I think it's over a 1000kg's that it requires brakes, not sure if that's the load or gross.

From: http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/...ormation_V2.pdf

Please note that all trailers over 750 kg GTM, irrespective of the towing capacities or unladen mass of the vehicles to which they are attached, must have brakes fitted (see Braking systems).

GTM: Gross Trailer Mass.

Trailers up to and including 750 kg GTM do not require brakes. Minimum trailer brake requirements

are as follows:

• trailers not over 2000 kg GTM must have an efficient braking system operating on the wheels

on at least one axle;

• trailers up to and including 2000 kg GTM are permitted to have over-ride brakes;

• brakes (other than over-ride) must be able to be operated from the driver’s seated position;

• trailers over 2000 kg GTM require a brake system (breakaway brakes) that automatically

applies if the trailer becomes detached from the towing vehicle; and

• trailers over 2000 kg GTM must have brakes operating on all wheels.

Also worth having a look at this: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/veh...vsb1/index.aspx