Ke70 Crossmember

Medicine_Man

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got more busy the last few days, took the disc brakes in to have them machined, only to find out they had been machined before and wouldn't be able to take any more machining. Ended up buying a new set to save any more f@$king around.

ke70disc.JPG

Anyways, I ripped the discs off the hubs yesterday and cleaned them up today and gave the hubs a few coats of Black VHT Paint

ke70dischub1.JPG

ke70dischub2.JPG

ke70dischubspainted.JPG

ke70discbrake.JPG

Tomorrow I will bolt the dics to the hubs, ran out of time this afternoon unfortunatly, also the strut inserts are going in and I'm hoping I will *possibly* get the suspension all back together on the crossmember and back on the car.

The paint didn't crack when I compressed the springs to put them back in, I wrapped some cloth around the springs to stop the spring compressors from scratching them, didn't add anything to the paint, just had a coat of acrylic primer and then shot over with a spray can of orange enamel paint. Springs do look long, but thats just because they don't have the weight of the car / engine on them yet..