Interesting Read - News

Members dont see this ad

What a bunch of cocks. So does that mean if two more mechanics hoon in his car and get caught he loses his car. (Highly unlikely) Thats not fair. Its not their car.

I'd be fuming. I assume he is loaded so could afford a law suit. Weather it be against the state gov. or the mechanic himself.

..not to mention the "mandatory sentencing for attacks on Police and public officers" that he pointed out.

Are they somehow better or more important than the general public? THEY are the people who work to pay the 'public servants' wages...

I thought Tassie was were all the weird people live... :jamie:

He is dead right, he has been punished for a crime he was uninvolved in without a trial. Seeing its Aussie it has to be a kangaroo court! :lolcry:

We recently had an incident (I think it was in WA) where a group of people were walking home from a funeral. One person was hit by a car (not seriously injured). When officers arrived some of the people were very upset, so they sprayed them with capsicum spray and started using their battons. Someone was filming on their phone so the cops started having a go at him.

Now I can't say what happened prior to the filming but it sure looked rediculously heavy handed on the video.

Our law now states that if one of the people snapped and faught back against the cops they automatically go to jail... no matter what the circumstances are. That doesn't sound like a proper legal system to me.

I don't think there should ever be a valid reason to assault a police officer, but I also disagree that there should be an automatic jail term attached. In some circumstances that is just way too harsh a penalty.

As for the impounding of a car that was left with the mechanic.... that should be illegal!! What right do they have (other than their dodgy legal rights :lolcry:)??!!

Double the fine and suspension for people caught in cars that don't belong to them, but don't impound the car. What, are you trying to teach the car a lesson??

That is friggin rediculous...

Other part of it is, the "extra-ordinary circumstances" with which a hoon can have their car released early is akin to the "E" class license for people who have lost their license for being a dick, but need it for work or medical reasons...

So, you can drive 40km over the limit, get done, and tell the cops you need a vehicle to get to the doctors, and they'll give your car back... what a crock...

There are too many new laws coming out that have provision to punish the innocent.

More Beurocratic bullshit.

I think they work under the impression that if they take every single car caught doing something even remotely silly, and not look at the circumstances they'll get all the votes from the ones that drive 15km/h under the limit in ther econobox's on the way to bowls, bingo or golf.

I along with most, if not all of you guys think that these laws (Aust wide) suck. But what would i know?, I drive a modified car so I'm instantly a hoon.....:lolcry: