Engine Mounts For A 4age Into A Ke30 Corolla?

blair_355

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I would like to know how much room there is, as I am planning on puting a 7A engine in my KE35 and they have the extended sump thing on the bottom of the block then the little sump bit?

If it has enough room I would buy these as I am too lazy to make mine.

Hey Sam_Q have you gotten any further with your KE3* to 4AGE mounts but then if T3 has them (I'm just lazy and just want a quick fix)

thanks

after that clearence issue I lost interest. I also wonder about the demand, I say wait for the pics of this sump install and then make your choice from there. A 7A into a KE35 would be a great combo. The way things are going I will need to mass produce 7A RWD cooling kits instead of just two!

Edited by Sam_Q

• 3 months later...

I don't want to reuse my original rubbers, I want to make sure I have the correct parallel 0 degrees of offset, from your picture it looks like the rubbers don't meet the crossmember flush its off a couple degrees or its just the way the picture looks.

I bought some casting compound from McMaster Carr that is a 60A hardness which is close to the consistency of car tire rubber. I want a thinner rubber mount so I get better torque response.

I'll post pics in my build thread and link to it from here when the compound arrives and I'm able to mock up the engine.

I still need to pull the alternator and modify the mount, its not bolt in ready for the blacktop. There are 2 indexing pins I'll need to drill the mount to allow the pins to recess into the mount. I'll post pics of this also. Its hard to get the point across in words. I'll link all of it up on my build page.

Thanks again for all your feedback guys I appreciate it,

Mike