Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Big Perspex/plastic Sheets

Featured Replies

yeah no hurry, want to pay off lux first! i need to get some quotes on alloy sheet from the metal place up the road who like me and let me go thru their bin :)

  • Replies 38
  • Views 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Hmm, turns out the first quote I got (for the 8x4) was wrong, that was for 3mm, and that was 8x4 feet which is about 2x1, just over.

 

Price I got from CutToSize dropped a fair bit today, he actually called me and said he'll drop the price to get me to buy the stuff :) I think I might just :n:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

As a testament to how strong HDPE is, last night (this morning?) after putting the new gearbox in, silly majorly sleep deprived me dropped the front of the car off the stands before the rear. As a result, cracked the front spoiler (again), and had the jack stuck under the car.

 

Couldn't see where the jack was under, but had to get the car up a little so that I could squeeze another jack underneath to get the bigger jack out, and I lifted the car by jacking against the HDPE. 4.5mm HDPE at that. It deformed as it took the weight, but it lifted the car! Got the jack out, dropped the car, and the HDPE still looks as good as new :jamie:

  • Author

I wouldn't really consider it a "bashplate", really, and I wouldn't expect it to withstand a hard hit. I'm using it more to reinforce the front spoiler (from front on hits which it does tend to get a fair bit), to improve the airflow, to stop water and crap coming up into my engine bay, and basically to stop small rocks and stuff from hitting my sump and oil temp sender and all that.

 

Obviously I wouldn't be able to like make a big jump and land on a big rock or anything like that, if I was expecting to do that then I'd get something like what Rob has.

  • 4 weeks later...
Hmm, turns out the first quote I got (for the 8x4) was wrong, that was for 3mm, and that was 8x4 feet which is about 2x1, just over.

 

Price I got from CutToSize dropped a fair bit today, he actually called me and said he'll drop the price to get me to buy the stuff :D I think I might just :D

what's the number for CutToSize? and where abouts are they?

 

i'm thinking about what i was talking about in the weekend for the service area.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.