Ke1x 13" Wheels - Tyre Size??

rob83ke70

I have a ke11 currently fitted with 185/70r13 tyres, still the 4x110 pcd. The tyres are worn out, and are too big, they only *just* clear the inner part of the wheel arch, and they scrub on the chassis/wheel arch at full lock.

I have two brand new 155/80r13 tyres which are *apparently* a little smaller in rolling diameter, and two good (but old) 165/75r13 tyres as well. I was thinking that I should put the new tyres on the front and the old but still good/legal tyres on the back, and seeing as they are theoretically a bit smaller rolling diameter they should all fit..... in theory at least.

just wondering what size tyres everybody is running on ke1x series corollas... if somebody else has either of these two sizes that they can confirm to fit correctly then I'd be very very happy |blink| wouldn't want to fit the tyres and find they scrub!!

my suspension i hope is relatively standard, i have 6 leaves per pack in the rear, which is not stock, and it might be a smidge lower, but the 185/70r13's seem to fit on the rear... front i think is standard...

I had a post in the wanted to buy section as well for a radiator and/or gearbox crossmember for a ke11.... haven't heard anything from anybody yet.... feel free to message me if you know where I can get these bits :hmm:

Robert.

Members dont see this ad

thats my first problem: 185/60r13 isn't easy to find in a nice tyre.

second problem: running low on the money.... and I have tyres everywhere, so I'm hoping to make do on something I already have and don't have to purchase for the time being. Car is going to be a daily driver.

175/70 is a tad smaller rolling diameter than 155/80 or 165/75, but thats a start |blink|

Robert.

they are 4.5" rims. unsure if they are stock, i thought ke1x were all 12" rims stock?

this is just a daily at this stage, and I have loads of tyres to wear out in cheesecutter flavour and not a whole lot of money to throw around. As long as they don't scrub or look stupid I'll put up with them for a while....

Robert.

• 4 weeks later...
If you fit 13" wheels on a 10/20 you need 175/50R13's to keep the rolling diameter similar, BF Goodrich make them and so do Yokohama, sime, bridgestone. But try getting them in Australia.

The original ke10 tyres were 6.00-12 which equates to 155/80/12. A 185/60/13 has an identical rolling diameter.

Page from ke10 driver handbook:

post-166-1267520100_thumb.jpg

205/60R13 is higher rolling diameter than 155/80R12, off the top of my head, could be late-night syndrome.

I'm running 175/70R13 up front, 155/80R12 on the back due to my shortage of 110 rims.. lol.. And, I just couldn't bring myself to pay $80 for a poor performing tyre. I'm curious how much that extra inch would throw the speedo out by. Not sure about mine, but my gf's KE20's speedo reads high anyway, so it might balance out :yes:

I did look into a lower profile 13" tyre, I called three tyre shops, two (Bob Jane, Kmart T&A) said they couldn't get them at all, one (Beaurepairs) had one listing for a 185/65R13, price was around $120/tyre (I'm assuming that includes fit and balance, and perhaps even tyre disposal). I asked if they were any good and was told they're a very good tyre, not sure if that was them trying to rationalise the price or not... But now that I think about it, that's stuff all profile difference anyway, again off the top of my head but that sounds closer to "standard small car size" than to KE20 size.