Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Oz Hip-hop Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author

I saw Drapht the other night at the Prince Bandroom in St Kilda. He fkn killed it! Drapht is the man!

Edited by RedKE30

  • Replies 96
  • Views 69.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

 

illy, from the album 'the chase' which was a triple-j feature album in october, check it out

 

this songs a beast!

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

Well this thread has been dead for a while, lets see if we can get a revival going.

 

Anyone been to any gigs recently? Whose got Drapht's new ablum? Pegz? Anyone else?

 

Me and some mates caught 360, Maya Jupiter and Pez at the Hi-Fi bar last night. Words can't describe how good the show from Pez was. Didn't catch Maya Jupiter, went out for a smoke and got caught up watching a guy in a bunny suit play guitar. 360 was really good aswell, he played a lot of songs from his mixtapes, PBS and PBSII. 60 Definitely shouldn't have played "Do you have a dollar" though as he copped quite a few coins. I'd say this is probably the best show I've ever been to. Did anyone else catch it? The tour is heading to Ballarat and Warrnambool so if you're in those areas head down and see it, you wont be disapointed.

 

Anyone else been going to shows recently? Let me know all about it.

 

I dunno if anyone knows that Pez has been sick, but he f@#ckin killed it so I guess he must be O.K.

 

Check out Pez's rappertag here http://www.rappertag.com/, he raps a bit about whats wrong with him. Best rappertag yet!

 

Cheers,

Sian

Edited by RedKE30

Hey guys I have been listening to a lot of Hip

Hop recently including; Pegz, Urthboy, The Herd, Illy, TZU, Joelistics, 360 and Horrorshow. I can't see when I last posted because I'm on my phone but this year I have seen live; Illy, Mphazes, 360, Briggs, Urthboy, The Herd, Joelistics (twice, supporting Urthboy and The Herd). All were awesome, really loving the new Joelistics stuff. This is the real deal, none of this mainstream crap!

Looking forward to seeing Horrorshow soon when they support Bliss n Eso.

I'm also loving all the rappertag stuff on YouTube, good shit! :)

  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone who hasnt got the new Pegz album needs to definately get it.

Still kept the style of his old music i love it.

I think the best of the Aussie hip hop scene would have to be Pegz, Thundamentals, Illy and Reason

Thundamentals should be releasing a new album soon too :)

  • 2 weeks later...

ok by the sounds of it I would be mad not to head down to the espy for raise the roof tomorrow night???

pegz,360,mantra,m-phazes,thundamentals and heaps more I forget right now....gonna be massive

$25 bucks starts at 8pm the espy st kilda for those in melb

Anyone from here planning to go??

Ryan

ok by the sounds of it I would be mad not to head down to the espy for raise the roof tomorrow night???

pegz,360,mantra,m-phazes,thundamentals and heaps more I forget right now....gonna be massive

$25 bucks starts at 8pm the espy st kilda for those in melb

Anyone from here planning to go??

Ryan

 

f@$k this shit, never where I am. Have fun c**t :P

was a sick night!,mantra pez/360 and of course m-phazes were standouts for me,some pretty crackup freestyles late in the night ontop of m-phazes beats also

 

oh and the chase is such an awesome album

Have been blazing alota hilltop hoods, and bliss n eso, also a couple of songs from PEZ,

 

The hard road restrung is better than the original, but there are afew songs on the old I prefer, i've been cranking 1979, roll on up, dumb enough, nosebleed section, breathe, monsters ball, conversations from a speak easy,

 

addicted and family affair from bliss n esso

 

Also my brother found a dude called atmosphere, and he made a song called sunshine...... Look it up is a mad chill song!!!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah +1 on the old hilltop hoods stuff. Still like a few of the newer ones though.

Same with bliss n eso though i like their old songs a lot better but i don't mind the new ones just a bit too mainstream kind of style for me.

Thundamentals, Pegz, Reason and Downsyde are topping my lists at the moment though :)

  • Author

Good to see this thread is still going. Respect to everyone who has posted in here, keep the support going!

 

For anyone in Melbourne, I think this would be well worth checking out!

 

http://www.thehifi.com.au/gig/war-of-the-worlds-part-2-2011-07-30/

 

I'm gonna go with some mates, anyone else down?

 

Cheers,

Sian

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.