Carby Flat Spot

Falken_KE30

just got a little prob, not bad just annoying.

engine is

4k,

all new gasket, redone head, rebuilt carby (3k, no choke system)

points dizzy ect ect.

Light flywheel, HD clutch

Problem is it has a small flat spot as you re apply the throttle, doesn't matter what speed your doing. it seems to be just as put foot on pedal, probably no more then 5-6mm. and if you hold it at that point its very hesitant.

Checked the accelerator pump, its working, all stock jets, so I'm sure its fine. mixture seems good, havnt checked timing.

Its not a major problem, I'm used to it. but want thoughts on what it is, what i can check ect.

Cheers

Dan

Members dont see this ad
Any tips?

Not sure where to start really, if spring harder, whats that do?

length of it do what?

Dan

Love to help you but that was close to 18 years ago.......... To many beverages consumed since then :)

Think the stiffer spring made the plunger move earlier. Same with making the spring longer, but wiser people will correct me if I am wrong.

or you could do a poor mans carby clean. Swap the two middle plug leads around, hold your foot flat and turn the engine over. If there is any crap in the carby the backfiring should move it :) By the way, take your aircleaner off as it may catch fire........