Newbie ---rpm @100kph

mutley

Members dont see this ad
Howdy,just as a note seats from a honda prelude (equivalent year) bolt into an AE82 so it may be worth some measuring to see about an AE92.....they're damn comfortable,much better than the standard toyota fare :-( Honda better=Fail

Cheers

What's wrong with the standard AE82 TC seats? Aside from lacking a _little_ in side support (the bolsters are there, but a bit "plush" instead of firm) they are close to the most comfortable stock seats of that era that I have sat in.

And on topic, my AE102 (with C52, same box as an AE92 SX or AE82TC but possibly different final drive ratio) does bang-on 3000rpm @ 100km/h (on 205/45/R16 tyres). Means I can max out the speedo @ 200km/h before hitting redline too :blinks:

What's wrong with the standard AE82 TC seats? Aside from lacking a _little_ in side support (the bolsters are there, but a bit "plush" instead of firm) they are close to the most comfortable stock seats of that era that I have sat in.

And on topic, my AE102 (with C52, same box as an AE92 SX or AE82TC but possibly different final drive ratio) does bang-on 3000rpm @ 100km/h (on 205/45/R16 tyres). Means I can max out the speedo @ 200km/h before hitting redline too :blinks:

*Under controlled conditions and on non-public roads whilst supervised*

:lolcry:

• 4 weeks later...
Howdy,just as a note seats from a honda prelude (equivalent year) bolt into an AE82 so it may be worth some measuring to see about an AE92.....they're damn comfortable,much better than the standard toyota fare :-( Honda better=Fail

Cheers

hi guys

thank you for that tip, i will check it out. also i have checked vaccum hoses, replaced the thermostat and given the throttle body a good blast with carby clean. all is good. thanks everybody cheers mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The rpm of my seca at 100kph tends to depend on the temperature outside.

on really hot days it will be about 3200rpm. on cooler days it's around 2900rpm.

strange....

Same with mine, though its a sedan.

Cold/cool days around 2950-3000rpm. Warm/hot days between 3000-3100rpm.

Makes you wonder how accurate the rev gauge really is... :lol:

Younger brother's ae93 with 7afe and 5sp manual does 3000rpm approx at 100km/hr stock standard, no idea ratio of final drive, tyres are 185/60r14.

Our ke55 with worked 4k, 4sp manual, 4.3 diff, and 195/60r14 tyres does approx 3900rpm at 100km/hr - worked out mathematically....

Robert.