Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Te/ae Project Thread

Featured Replies

So you saw my car in my intro and I'm movin along a little. I'll have another update tomorrow and every Thursday and Friday until it's done :)

Got some more work done today.

 

Takin the motor apart enough to get the bitch out.

P5070164.jpg

 

Jesse ate my f@$kin tow bar...

P5070163.jpg

 

Jesse about to give it the 'ol 3T

P5070168.jpg

 

Sweeping...

P5070169.jpg

 

I was workin REAL hard...

P5070172.jpg

 

Jesse pretending to be doing something important...

P5070177.jpg

 

Changed his mind, now he LOVES the 3T!

P5070178.jpg

 

PEACE wiring harness...

P5070181.jpg

 

Couple more days and I'll be sittin low also :n:

P5070182.jpg

 

So about spring rates, what works well on a TE72 or should I say T-18 for some of you? I'm wondering if my current TRD 6f and 4.7r spring rates will work well on this platform or if those rates seem all wrong. What rates are you guys running?

  • Replies 35
  • Views 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

judging by the coupes your not in australia?

Nope hes from Washington State

 

 

Looking Good :(

  • Author

Pulled the motor and trans today as well as tidied some things up. We also test fit the AE86 dash but my camera ran out of batteries before I could snap pics of how it looked :(

Expect more updates soon!

 

P5080183.jpg

 

P5080184.jpg

 

P5080185.jpg

 

Since the AE86 dashboard fits so nice and the TE one only goes to 80mph and has no tach...

P5080186.jpg

P5080188.jpg

 

I live in Seattle/Tacoma area of Washington and I love it :D

  • Author
my g/f was born and raised in wilkeson, bonney lake area

when she graduates school we will be living near yakima

currently we are in oklahoma

Your KIDDING me! I actually live IN Bonney Lake and have for the past 15 years! Wilkeson/Carbonado eh? How old is your GF, I might know her :D

 

So your moving to eastern Washington eh? I'm sorry to hear that :(

bahahahhaaha that dash copped it hard :(

 

and yeah from what i can see that sprinter looks awesome.

awesome

what kind of engine are you gonna use? 4age?

I'm just wondering, was the ae86 dash a direct bolt in, or did you need to make new bolt holes etc?

what about the electrical plugs for tacho, speedometre etc, or haven't you done that yet?

  • Author
awesome

what kind of engine are you gonna use? 4age?

I'm just wondering, was the ae86 dash a direct bolt in, or did you need to make new bolt holes etc?

what about the electrical plugs for tacho, speedometre etc, or haven't you done that yet?

Yeah, 4AG. The dash wasn't a direct bolt in but doesn't appear to need much work, just a little trimming. Were stripping the TE down to the bare shell and using 100% of the parts from the donor AE, my old car. Parts from my old 86 that are going to the TE include...

 

-Hi-comp block

-Largeport head (mildy worked over)

-TRD copy headers

-Intake

-Custom exhaust

-TRD 8mm HG

-Electric fan setup

-IG Race Garage clutch

 

-KYB AGX adjustable shocks

-TRD 6kg/mm front and 4.7kg/mm rear springs

-BV NRCA's

-BV Adjustable lateral rod

-Full poly bushings

-Brembo rotors and PBR MetalMaster pads

-SS lines all around

-New BMC, CMC and slave

-Rebuilt calipers

-The AE86 rearend with discs and rebuilt factory LSD

-Sparco Sprint seat

  • Author
OMG!.....all those people driving on the wrong side of the road.... lol :lolcry:

 

i'm guessin the hachi's best side is the left side..... :(

No, that's the only side I have pics of :lolcry:

 

And actually there driving on the "right " side of the road :D

Edited by 05m0515

mmmmmm the only thing that'd make this thread better is if the ae86 was a coupe and not a hatch!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.