Limits Of Ke20 Wheel Arches ?

Doogs

Hi guys,

I'm interested to know what size rim and tyre combos people have managed to fit in standard Ke20 wheel arches without scrubbing.

I will most probably lip my gaurds, but I'm keen to know what extent I can go width wise.

I have just bought a set of 13x6 +8 Hayashi Streets and plan on running a 175/70 on them (obviously I don't think I will have an issue here).

Down the track when I upgrade the brakes and diff to allow for more power, I'm thinking of running 15inch Superlites.

(This is why I'm keen to know what width I can run).

I do not want to tub or minitub the car.

I will most likely upgrade to Corona struts with a Otomoto Coilover sleeve kit and a T series diff. In the rear end I will get the leaves reset and eyes inverted, aiming on dropping things about 2inches.

Thanks,

Dougal

Edited by Doogs

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't run 175/70's on a 7" wheel unless you like very illegal stretch, I tried some when I had my 13x7 jelly beans and they stretch alot. try mabey 185's will make it a little less

Sorry I entered that wrong, they are 6 inches wide. Would have liked some 7s and a small to mild amount of stretch, but this is what I came accross.

I intend running 13 x 6 (hopefully Hayashi's) on mine though i will run AE86 front struts and a cut down RA28 T series rear.

Personally I think it is a mistake to go any bigger on a small car. Can't see why you would ever need to.

But of course it is a personal decision.

I intend running 13 x 6 (hopefully Hayashi's) on mine though i will run AE86 front struts and a cut down RA28 T series rear.

Personally I think it is a mistake to go any bigger on a small car. Can't see why you would ever need to.

But of course it is a personal decision.

I plan on eventually running 15s with a lower profile tyre due to far more tyre options being available to me at reasonable prices. Also if I run 15s on a bit of a lower profile I will have a very similar (if not the same) rolling diameter, hence my setup wont need huge modifications.

on my car atm is 16'' simmons

custom offset cause of hilux diff and PBR brakes

fronts are 6.25'' running a 195/40/16

rears are 7.50'' running a 205/40/16

fitting in the guards Perfect . no mods nothing.

Thanks mate, nice to have a helpful response.

It seems 195/205s are not unreasonable then.

Cheers,

I tried those Hayashis on a KE20 with 175/70 on them

They fit perfect on the rear with a small slip on spacer (8mm)

On the front they were flush with no spacer.

So really you could go to a 6 inch with o offset on the rear and a +8 at the front, or just use slip on spacer like I did.

I'm going to run a 7 -1 offset, which by my calculations will fit well with a bit of a roll and pull of guards. KE20's have that natural lip on the guards all round which could be rolled nicely and still look kind of factory

Thanks for the tip Luke.

I'm going to run a 7 -1 offset, which by my calculations will fit well with a bit of a roll and pull of guards. KE20's have that natural lip on the guards all round which could be rolled nicely and still look kind of factory

Agreed, I figure I will roll it while I'm still preping for paint and then I will have no problems later.

Front

15x6 +20 offset, 165/50/15 tyre, soon to be 195/50/15 (wheel sits pretty much flush with guards so tyres should JUST fit inside without scrubbing issues)

Rear

14x7 offset to suit my wider hilux diff, 205/60/14 tyres, guards have been rolled but not pulled out at all and i have enough room to go to a 215/60/14

(soon to be 15x7 maybe 15x7.5, guards slightly pulled and looking at a 225/50-60/15)

There was a ke20 on her with Simmons B45's that measured 9.5" wide on the rear...had a 4age in it, started out Bamboo colour, but was then re-sprayed blue.

As far as I can remember it has stock leaf locations and untouched tubs.

Hope that helps,

Mark