Central Locking On Ke30

InTrenches

So today I bought a remote central and alarm kit for all 4 doors of my KE30. However they were going cheap at jb hifi so I bought them without checking if they can actully be fitted. Not a massive deal if they can't I can always sell them.

Has anyone ever fitted them to a rolla?

And any tips etc?

Members dont see this ad

fitting c/l is relatively easy on the ke30

Just make sure you put rubber grommet in where you drill hole in the door jams so the wires don't wear and tear to much.

when installing the actuators try and keep them as parrallel as possible with the locking rod

cheers

jay jay

So today I bought a remote central and alarm kit for all 4 doors of my KE30. However they were going cheap at jb hifi so I bought them without checking if they can actully be fitted. Not a massive deal if they can't I can always sell them.

Has anyone ever fitted them to a rolla?

And any tips etc?

From memory when i fitted mine there was a spot directly below the lock at the bottom of the door where theres a decent flat bit of steel to mount the actuator too. They work really well.

About there (the door's from a '55 but it'd be the same)

post-1432-1270723530_thumb.jpg

The back doors were a lot harder to fit up. Solenoid was at the top of the door, about midway between the door release and the rear part of the door and i had the cut up some of door near the release for the solenoids rod to go through.

Never bothered with photos cause i always and still do reckon it was a hack job.

just did benny20s ke55 coupe and ended up cuttin out a massive hole for the solenoid to fit into and the rod runs on a wierd angle. fitting up my pano was a piece of cake though. just make sure ya put it somewhere the door card wont rub on the rod or it'll start lockin and unlockin itself. and i just taped the wires up and ran the out between the doorcard and the door and round into the kickpanel, been like that for a year now and still no probs.

We fitted central to mine a while ago, my tips:

• Do them all at once, or you might get lazy and end up with one door with no central.
  • Make sure the wiring is clean, or else your dad might come through and "clean up" the wiring (which will cause the central to no longer work).
  • Make sure the wiring is hidden, as people get scared when there are wires running across your floor.
  • Find a good place to mount the controll unit. We put mine behind one of the kick panels in the front footwell, but it didn't completely fit and the panel never went on right again.

Hope this helps :(

About there (the door's from a '55 but it'd be the same)

post-1432-1270723530_thumb.jpg

The back doors were a lot harder to fit up. Solenoid was at the top of the door, about midway between the door release and the rear part of the door and i had the cut up some of door near the release for the solenoids rod to go through.

Never bothered with photos cause i always and still do reckon it was a hack job.

That's pretty much where I've got mine. Give or take a couple of mm. I've just put in my front left door. Starting my drivers door now. It's actually really Easy but doing the alarm system should be a lot harder. Lucky my dads an electrician.