• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alright, got a fair bit done yesterday, took apart both motors and now theres a nice pile of parts in my garage :dance:

lets start with the block yeah? who ever had it before decided they'd paint it black for me! after brushing the dust off it came up a treat!

post-10850-033976900 1302434823_thumb.jpg

the head! can anyone recommend any shops that do good head work fairly cheap? looking for a good port and polish and some nice big valves

post-10850-069553800 1302434980_thumb.jpg

everything else... 13t block and head are FOR SALE pm if some one wants them

post-10850-061446600 1302435271_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

bit of an update

got some ae86 struts waiting on some coilover sleeves, for a suspension and brake upgrade.

also got a te27 cross member almost on the way so the engine conversion will be a nice bolt in.

still need

• ae86 hubs, rotors and calipers
  • coilover sleeves
  • flycut the 3t pistons
  • head work
  • carbs
  • diff

once the car is back on the road

• oil cooler and temp sensor
  • te27 flares
  • fender mirrors
  • fancy ignition
  • body work

• 1 month later...

cheers ryan

and ben, I'm going to find some ae86 ps arms and get an adapter for the ball joint off of techno toy tuning.

ke25 and te27 camber tops are exactly the same and cusco do a pretty good one for $350. I'm jealous that you got those te27 steering arms, that would have been nice, I'm not sure how the lengths of the te27 arms compare to the 86 arms. other than that, I'm buying all the parts like coilover sleeve and springs and weld it all together myself.

as far as brake boosters go, i have no idea, they confuse me haha so ill probably end up just paying someone to do that for me

and id say your a few steps ahead of me seeing as my motor is in bits haha

also the head is no longer yellow like in the pics above!

Edited by sNoOkDoG

• 2 weeks later...

slight set back, got defected cos my front left tyre was bald on the outside, i got positive camber ewwwww

just gotta get a new tyre, put the stocko steering wheel back on and I'm good holefully

if not i guess ill just take her off the road and try to do everything that i want to do before i get her back on the road

slight set back, got defected cos my front left tyre was bald on the outside, i got positive camber ewwwww

just gotta get a new tyre, put the stocko steering wheel back on and I'm good holefully

if not i guess ill just take her off the road and try to do everything that i want to do before i get her back on the road

I'd try tidy as much of it up as you possibly could man. Once you get defected, they seem to pay more attention to you.