To Drift Or Not To Drift?

hey all just wondering if i can get any help at all here. i have a ke30 that i want to make a drifter as i have already spend alot of money on getting it to get it to run perfect but i want to make it a drifter ie lower it whatnot but i have heard that the ke30 isnt such a good drift car due to its suspension which is leaf springs. does this really matter or effect the way the car handles? i see every1 wants a ke70 but i have only seen 1 drift spec ke30. so is it worth me spending the money on making the ke30 a drifter? or should i just buy a ke70? Also if i keep the ke30 as the drifter what are some basics that i can buy/do to the car to make it have more power and slide alot easier? any help would be killer. thanks! johnny_blacks

By the way this is my rolla currently

post-10437-1271837671_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

The 1st thing delete the k series engines, put a turbo ca18 into it using standard ca engine mounts on the standard crossmember, figure out a way to stop axle tramp i think a guy on here called SLO - 030 he is into the older rollas. I think it will be a good car to slide

Sell the corolla, buy a worked silvia/skyline, drift it like you stole it.

A ke30 has a too short wheel base, and a complete lack of power.

Only the die hard enthusiasts try to drift corollas, and maximum respect to those who do, as you need twice the driving skill.

I owned a r32 for 3 years, they take the skill out of driving, a really easy car to hold sideways at pace

The 1st thing delete the k series engines, put a turbo ca18 into it using standard ca engine mounts on the standard crossmember, figure out a way to stop axle tramp i think a guy on here called SLO - 030 he is into the older rollas. I think it will be a good car to slide

WHHHAAATTT the F*&k ARE YOU SMOKIN MAAAAAN.

this does not work.

if you want to go the 'ca18' route have a talk to Lloyd Smith, he built up a ca18det ke30 and did brilliantly with it. Theres a few video's somewhere on youtube.

for example.

and as far as making it slide, welded or locked diff is an option, both are illegle as far as i know and it wouldnt be particulally pratical either.

Edited by Jono.C