Ke70 With 17's- Who's Done It?

Hermit

First of all, matt black!!! Awesome!!!

I reckon these would look terrible on a car any other colour. Well anything not black.

And yeah this is the first car Ive seen with 3 spokes I thought looked good. I like how they are very angular and the spokes are wide.

Not many people will like the 17's here but if you do thats all that matters!!!

Edited by blzbub666

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have bought it off KPROLN on here then Id say.

Or you bought it off the guy who bought it off him...

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=28136

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=24457

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=22071

Which one you got? Haha.

from first glance you have to say its the first 1 but there are many subtle differences like:

genuine mirrors mounted in the correct place

steering wheel

engine gear box

vent on C pillar is black

interior different colour and different seats

rear drums aren't yellow

grille is pink. debadged

Y PERVE sticker

so really its any ones guess whether its the same car or whether some has made the effort to change all these little things

Actually doesn't look too bad....How have you gone with insurance though? I just hope you don't ever hit a Bentley and don't get cover.

Just happenned to a mate thats all, hit a brand new Merc and had $30k of debt for repairs over his head all because of his 16's on a Gemini.

Looks good though.

If you have 17s on a KE70 and arent running 320mm rotors, whats the point.

Looks

If you increase the rolling diameter the car gets slower instantly.

Low profile tyres, a 195/50/17 is within 10mm of the standard 13.

Not to mention they will scrub if you go low and you will not be able to use rims with a decent offset.

depends what you call a decent offset, i like my wheels under my car, not outside.

Most 17s are designed for FWD cars so the offset is all wrong, and you must use big spacers (as it looks like you have)

Buy the correct offset, there are over 20 available from BSA alone.

There is no performance gain from the bigger rolling diameter on an e7 chassis, unless your pushing 200+rwkw and are trying to get that to the ground, and have the car be smoother and more high speed capable.

Low profile tyres provide less straight line traction. The car is a rougher ride with low profile tyres.

You didnt have to try and explain why, so........you don't like 17s?

Looks

Just not to my taste, I guess, and obviously to yours. Those drums look so hot. Youre right, show them off. :laff:

Low profile tyres, a 195/50/17 is within 10mm of the standard 13.

Still bigger, still slower, and being 10mm bigger diameter, thats 3.14cm extra you need to move the car to complete a revolution. Thats a decent problem if you ask me on a k motor. Less of an issue with a lot more power.

depends what you call a decent offset, i like my wheels under my car, not outside.

So do I? I'm having wheels made that will fit in my arches with very little effort. The handling advantage of a more modern fwd offset wheel doesn't apply when you space it out anyhow to put it where the chassis allows it, which is nowhere over the balljoint anyhow...

Buy the correct offset, there are over 20 available from BSA alone.

Correct isnt a term I'd use for any descriptions of a 17 on any old car. The point is old mate has used fwd offset, as most all people do. Please show me someone with "correct offset" (which on a corolla could be anywhere between +25 or -10 dependant on rim width) 17s on a ke70 that spent $180 on wheels and tyres.

Low profile tyres provide less straight line traction. The car is a rougher ride with low profile tyres.

You didnt have to try and explain why, so........you don't like 17s?

Yes, rougher, another thing I forgot to mention, thank you. If you are saying you can't smooth a car out with a bigger rolling diameter, then Ill point out that if you do it the right way, and run enough rubber around the larger rim, you can do it and still have a similar feel from a tyre, and have a larger diameter wheel that will handle greater bumps than a smaller wheel. Nobody has a gun to your head saying use a 45. You could use a 16 with a 55 or a 60 to get a more tractible result, and an increase in diameter that may aide handling. I'm more concerned with what the car feels like on the corners (its completely different with a bigger rolling diameter) and how it handles the more extreme situations and high speed, than dragging or burning out.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit