Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm Switching To Nissans

Featured Replies

Just kidding....

 

 

Just thought I'd let you guys know I had some laps around Symmons plain today.......

 

 

 

 

 

.......in the Targa 2008 winning 09 GTR driven by Tony Quinn.

 

That is all. :wink:

  • Author

Bloody nissans. :wink:

 

Was watching the speed down the back straight..... 200, 210, 220.......WARNING! Clutch overheating!! Bugger me they change gears soooo quick though. That and the brake were amazing. Only car I've ever seen in Targa (apart from something in the touring or classis class) that still has the stock brakes on it!!! Even earlier GTR's and Evo's etc that came with brembos get turfed for AP's, G4's, Harrops etc.

I'm driving an n14 pulsar at the moment with the SR in it.

 

what a bucket of shit. All the stuff going wrong with it reminds me of my bluebird....

 

I'm willing to bet the dash fascia is falling to bits, the a/c vents are falling out, and the inside door grab handles are broken too.

 

Tailgate rusting out from the inside yet?

Engine mounts broken?

Shifter bushes completely flogged?

2nd gear and reverse crunching?

Mainseal leaking?

Timing chain tensioner rattling?

 

Shall I continue?

 

:wink:

I'm willing to bet the dash fascia is falling to bits, the a/c vents are falling out, and the inside door grab handles are broken too.

 

Tailgate rusting out from the inside yet?

Engine mounts broken?

Shifter bushes completely flogged?

2nd gear and reverse crunching?

Mainseal leaking?

Timing chain tensioner rattling?

 

Shall I continue?

 

:)

oh but the mechanicals, nissan slightly daring, toyota slightly tweed

I'm willing to bet the dash fascia is falling to bits, the a/c vents are falling out, and the inside door grab handles are broken too.

 

Tailgate rusting out from the inside yet?

Engine mounts broken?

Shifter bushes completely flogged?

2nd gear and reverse crunching?

Mainseal leaking?

Timing chain tensioner rattling?

 

Shall I continue?

 

:)

 

It's a sedan but probably yes

I won't even look there.... just in case

Flogged is putting it lightly

Crunching like a famous pirate endorsed cereal

actually I think it's all good, doesn't seem to be leaking much

Rattling worse than any K motor I've seen

 

And how about; brakes make all sorts of noises

front wheels just decided not to be balanced any more

Headlining fabric sagging away from the actual liner

Exhaust leak

Clutch is suspiciously heavy

 

Oh and the crown jewel- It's a TI with the fancy pants electric windows; the bloody master control panel in the driver door is dead so NONE of the electric windows work. 600 buck replacement.

And this... This is why we drive Toyotas.

 

I sell quite a few AE92 - AE102 and they only ever need rack ends for rwc... Sometimes machine the front rotors, maybe a rear engine mount. Other than that, they're only ever a few hundred bucks at most away from being perfect.

*Reading new posts*

*spots thread title*

*oh yeah some douce posting on Rolla...... WHAT! hell no he is*

 

But your a lucky man, i was speaking to a guy that ran his 35GTR around mallala, killed even his brake upgrade from the factory ones :lol:

 

Remind me if i ever see the track to have massive brakes :)

 

Karl.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.