Police - Mixed Priorities

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends of if its gone to SPER (or whatever your states penalty enforcement revenue mob are called)

I know heaps of people with large SPER debts, as long as they make payments they are fine

Our equivalent of SPER up here is the Fines Recovery Unit (FRU). My mum actually works for them and is always amazed by people who get shitty with her when she tells them that they now owe another $20 or $50 because they've been sent extra reminder letters to pay their debt. If the FRU didn't exist we would have the old system where they'd get a certain number of reminders before a warrant for their arrest was issued. Now to get arrested you've got to default on so many different things (first a payment plan, then some property gets taken, then community service, then gaol). It'd actually be pretty hard to get yourself arrested over a fine now thanks to the FRU, but people still cut sick at them even though they're there to help.

In vic they allow a 3km error margin

eg; clocked 65 booked 62

clocked 105 booked 102

By the time the police penalties hand it over

to the perin court the fine is about double with

late fees added. Plus at $500 for driving an

unreg vehicle (been caught one or six times)

the debt quickly builds. DON'T GO DOWN THIS TRACK!

In vic they allow a 3km error margin

eg; clocked 65 booked 62

clocked 105 booked 102

By the time the police penalties hand it over

to the perin court the fine is about double with

late fees added. Plus at $500 for driving an

unreg vehicle (been caught one or six times)

the debt quickly builds. DON'T GO DOWN THIS TRACK!

I guess we are gone with the good 'ol days with Jeff Kennet as premier.

Bloody Bracks has screwed everything up with all his new changes.

does any one know where i can get a bull bar for a ke20?? i just tend to drive over cars with my hilux, keep getting flat tyres from glass in the headlights....

i have a story of law gone wrong for you all...

a speeding car lost control on a crest of a hill and bounced off a guard rail and back in front of another car both those cars came to a stop, then a b double truck came over the hill and smashed in to both already stopped cars , the driver of the car that lost control was killed when the truck hit the cars, guess who got charged with murder....?

The truck driver..... six months later the truck driver commited suicide....

answer me this..how was that the truck drivers fault, he wasnot tail gateing..

I got done for 4k's over the limit at xmas time, what a joke. The even worse thing about that was i was avoiding a danerous driver and driving safe meself!!!!!!

I also found out last night that when my car got defected for tyres they were infact legal! (well besides 2) I got told to replace all 4 tyres when infact it was only 2 that were illegal, the only reason the other 2 were dodgy was becuase of my suspension setup! I was nice to the cop and everything!

BTW yeah I'm in vic.