Police - Mixed Priorities

honestly, what's the go with the cops?

a friend of mine was in an accident yesterday, she was on a roundabout and some idiot lady was speeding and didn't give way and ran into my friend's car and pushed it up onto said roundabout. my friend's fine and both cars could be driven away but still

the way i see it, there are at least three fines here. exceeding the speed limit, not giving way on a roudabout, and changing lanes on a roundabout. you could probably even throw in a not indicating on roundabout in there too

my mate called the cops and they didn't even want to hear about it. "both cars can be driven away, it's something for the insurance companies" they say

but mark my words, next time someone is all alone doing 110 in a 100 zone of runway-quality highway, endangering nobody and not actually causing ANY accidents, they'll get pulled over and given a ticket for being a dangerous road user ;)

free plug - speeding is bullshit website

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here, Here. ;)

I have never had any dealings with the cops so i don't have any first hand gripes.

However, i recently purchased a hand held radio scanner that picks up all emergency services and air traffic control.

I listen quiet often and find that the police are very reluctant to attend what seem to be menial call outs.

They are more than happy to chase down a tail gater or erratic driver on the freeway, but are not so happy to attend domestic disputes or kids sniffing paint in a park.

I guess it all comes down to paperwork or lack of interest.

it was reported at the time

darren's right, paperwork and lack of interest, and that's just pathetic

they'll happily hand out speeding fines and defects to people who aren't causing any harm, but someone actually causes an accident and damages someone else's properly and they just lie back and do f@$k all

I am too not impressed with the police as there was a house party that got out of control 3 weeks ago in Merriwa and the parents of the teenager rang the police to take care of it and they said Joondalup ( 10 mins away) was too busy and they would send some one from rockingham (1 hour away) to deal with it anyway by the time they got there 3 windows had been been smashed and 4 cars damaged by a mob of unwelcome guests go figure ?

another case was when i was at a T junction and a bus was indicating right and i pulled out and he kept on driving straight and cliped my back end , at the time my 3 month old son was in the back with my wife and i got a 150 dollar fine and 3 demerits for failing to give way, f@$ked bus driver should learn how to indicate f@$ked asshole sorry about the swearing i am still pissed off about it.

never assume shit, ratty..

it got so bad in san diego when i was driving big rigs, when people would try to cut me off, i wouldn't avoid them, people would drive up the shoulder just to "cut in line" i would nail them

i damaged at least 5 vehicles and not one of them was deemed my fault, i always made sure i was not breaking any laws, made sure i got plate numbers so i could have witnesses

over here they have "hard copy" news programs about how dangerous truckers are when it's the cars that cause 97% of the accidents

in a town here called ballina, something happened a couple of months ago. a truck was turning at an intersection, and somebody in a car shot out in front of them, causing the truck to swerve and jack-knife and go into someone's front yard and clean the porch straight off their house. at like 7 in the morning. interesting way to start the day

the next day, the newspaper is all like "CALL TO BAN TRUCKS IN BALLINA". and i'm thinking hold on, they said a car caused the accident. if the car wasn't there, the truck would never have caused the accident, how about a more appropriate headline would be "CALL TO BAN SHITTY DRIVING IN BALLINA"

know how you enter a double lane roundabout, and you just KNOW the person next to you is going to cut across in front of you, so you hang back and toot your horn when it happens? i SO want to just have a $50 piece of shit car i don't care about and drive around staying in my own lane waiting for the inevitable to happen

Yesterday, i saw a car accident, where one car hit another from behind while trying to get past while the other was turning. The cops where onto it like flies on rotten shit!

But up here its completely different, most cops are great to deal with and do ALL of their jobs, but you always get the LAZY one or two.

know how you enter a double lane roundabout, and you just KNOW the person next to you is going to cut across in front of you, so you hang back and toot your horn when it happens? i SO want to just have a $50 piece of shit car i don't care about and drive around staying in my own lane waiting for the inevitable to happen

I'm feeling it brother. I couldn't agree more. But then I get multiple situations where I just want that $50 car.