My 1988 Vl Sl Turbo

LXY-642

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This car will no longer be getting regoed. Aim is for 9's on the stock n/a bottom end. See if it holds together lol. If it won't then meh I'll rebuild it lol

go for it, there is no reason why it won't make it there it is just how long it will go there.

PS methanol.......

• 2 weeks later...
thanks mate :lol: are you a member on there ewt?

had someone else that's a member on there that tried commenting on there and ending of just sending me a pm about it. got a bit more written on there about it then on here i think?

Our Username ID is ewt308. I don't think it was sent through via PM, I tried to post something and it wouldn't let me.

nice shiny bits!

Why are you bothering with an airbox+BOV is your not going to rego the car?

Both seem unneccessary (i don't run either on my KE20) especially for "racecar"

Cheers

i think he will remove the head light and then it will be cold air induction as you should know turbos love cold air

as for the bov you should run one as they keep the turbo spin in the right direction between gear changers and can make the turbo last longer as letting

a turbo flutter at high boost can wreak them, some cheap e-bay turbo's have to run bov's so they don't snap the turbine of the sharft the first time

you use it, i have witnessed this on a mate's car the first one lasted 100km and the second one with the bov has been running 21psi for 2000km

without a problem.. ps love the ke20

just about all the fastest race car's run bov's and cold air intake's

Edited by rb20 rolla

i think he will remove the head light and then it will be cold air induction as you should know turbos love cold air

as for the bov you should run one as they keep the turbo spin in the right direction between gear changers and can make the turbo last longer as letting

a turbo flutter at high boost can wreak them, some cheap e-bay turbo's have to run bov's so they don't snap the turbine of the sharft the first time

you use it, i have witnessed this on a mate's car the first one lasted 100km and the second one with the bov has been running 21psi for 2000km

without a problem.. ps love the ke20

just about all the fastest race car's run bov's and cold air intake's

If you are talking about the drags then that is also wrong.

Also why would you run a bov on a drag car that is auto?

jason i should of said at 80,000rpm the air pumping through it trys to make the sharft spin backwards it does stop the turbine dead in it's track's

at this speed and faster it put's alot of force on the sharft and will cause damage some will last along time some wont it's luck of the draw.

trev when an auto changes gears does the rpm of the engine change yes it does so the turbo will slow down between gear changes

and the fact when you do a burnout you back off the trottle it will be under load and then again when you cross the line it will be under stress again and

and i should of explaned it better in the first place but the idea is to keep the turbo spining, because when the turbine slows down you lose time and

to spool it back up again it take's time witch you lose on the strip every 100th of a second can count. and for longer life as well.

i will say it is not as important with a auto as it is with a manual yes i am back tracking on that one but it does help and if you don't want to run a bov don't

run one but i am just trying to give option's not answer's i have seen the differance between the same car with one and with out one

and it ran .2 of a second faster with the bov and the turbo is a $200 e-bay junker and it has a couple of 10 second pass up it's sleve.

Edited by rb20 rolla

jason i should of said at 80,000rpm the air pumping through it trys to make the sharft spin backwards it does stop the turbine dead in it's track's

at this speed and faster it put's alot of force on the sharft and will cause damage some will last along time some wont it's luck of the draw.

trev when an auto changes gears does the rpm of the engine change yes it does so the turbo will slow down between gear changes

and the fact when you do a burnout you back off the trottle it will be under load and then again when you cross the line it will be under stress again and

and i should of explaned it better in the first place but the idea is to keep the turbo spining, because when the turbine slows down you lose time and

to spool it back up again it take's time witch you lose on the strip every 100th of a second can count. and for longer life as well.

the info i was give on this came from documents from the willam's F1 team from back in the 80s and only now people are catching up the engine

tuner i know who has the info i will ask if can get a copy, i will try and post it if i can thank's,

What does the auto changing gears have to do with a bov, A bov only vents when the throttle is closed and a properly setup turbo auto will overdrive the auto so it is basically not changing engine speeds, listen to turbo drag cars that run 2 speed powerglides and you will notice that they sound like there is no gear change.

Maybe do some research perhaps...