Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jesse'S 71'

Featured Replies

Good day/night everyone.

 

This is going to be a thread about my Ae71.

 

Info:

1984 Ae71

Manual 5-speed (Flogged Bushes, No noises or crunches :yes: )

Csx Trim - Cream with on rips or tears

Paint is Mylanta Green, Faded bad and little surface rust.

The Body is so darn straight. I have had a look at it over and over and there is no dints or anything of that nature on the car.

Has a granny shade on the rear windscreen ;)

Has some oldschool Wheels on it which are gonna look pretty sick when cleaned up

Standard 4-ac that is rev happy and has abit of spunk in it, Which is good :wink:

 

Purchased off of 7shades up here in Cairns about 2 weeks ago. It looked a little lonley sitting there on her lonesom. So I thought I may aswel buy her and get her road worthy for her maiden voyage underseen by Captain Jesse A.k.a me :wink:

I went and looked at it 3 times to be sure it was what I wanted before I spent money :hmm:

 

As I said the paint is faded and there is some surface rust but that can all be fixed. I'm not looking to do anything on this car that may be seen as half assed or bodgey. As this is my first car I would like it to be perfecto and nice, something fun and cool to look at and show off.

 

7Shades did a splendid deal on the car throwing in some ADM 86 struts and brakes, 86 brake booster and clutch master and xt130 corona LCA's with brand new standard height stiffer king springs and a spare tailshaft plus a spare door becasue the hinges on the original door were abit used. OHH! and a spare seat belt for roadworthy because the drivers one is frayed like ladders in a fat womans stockings.

 

Seems pretty good to me :hmm:

 

Okay, So some pictures are in order. I only have a couple that 7shades has sent me but Ill get some better ones this weekend sometime!

 

 

post-8197-1273538670_thumb.jpg

post-8197-1273538793_thumb.jpg

post-8197-1273538828_thumb.jpg

post-8197-1273538889_thumb.jpg

post-8197-1273539093_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesseb369

  • Replies 217
  • Views 68.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Did what wrong exactly? Removed it and didn't match mark it? I never match mark tailshafts and I've NEVER had a problem.

Posted Images

Hey Jesse,

 

Perfect base for a nice daily driver! In the photos the car looks silver, or is it that light metallic green. If either colour was repsprayed nicely this car would be an absolute pearler. *I'll be watching this one closely mate.*

Yes it is indeed that particularly unremarkable shade of horrid metallic green. Seafoam green I think its called.

 

I think it would look fantastic in a nice light metallic silver... The bodywork really is flawlessly straight.

  • Author

Cheers Blokes :blinks:

 

If all goes well with funds from B-day and work this weekend, 7shades you'll get the rest this weekend and I shall be able to get some spark plugs, a wet vac fot the interior and the paints and primers. I'm just gonna spruse up the original paint because I can't afford to fund a new paint job at this time. So the original paint will have to do for now. I'm gonna take out the interior pannels aswel and give them a through clean aswel as check the whole thing over really well.

  • Author

Tomorrow is pay day. Time to purchase some stuff.

 

bring on the WEEKEND!

Congrats on the purchase, I'm jealous.

 

Its good to see you got a ae71 and not a ke70, much easier for future mods down the track ;)

i wanna hear moar about that white car in the first photo *drool*

  • Author

So I went out to see the car this weekend and have a good look over it and went for a little drive.

 

I gave the car a wash and also inspected for leaks. The back passengers door leaks at the top and the boot leaks a little around the seal since it is perished. I degreased the engine and it looks to be that the cylinder head has new paint on it, so maybe it has had the head replaced at some recent point in time. I got underneath the car and inspected for broken things and dents and the like but i didn't find anything "suspect" so all is good. I will be sanding back the guards and around the light surrounds so inspect for any rust that may be hidden and that will come with a repaint as well. All the lights work except for the passenger reverse light which is a simple fix. The drivers door's hinges are gone and also the winding mechanism inside the drivers door will be replaced with the spare door i have. The interior is great except for the drivers side Rail's. I need to get some nice tight rails. Any takers to help me out there? Also a boot seal and a passengers rear door seal?

 

I didn't get to look at the horn as of yet. Next weekend I will get to that one. Also I need to buy a shifter rebuild kit and the engine could use some plugs and a service and all the oils to be dropped and changed as would be expected.

 

The Sump gasket is leaking. So I was thinking that degrease the hell out if it and then when its dry run my finger around it with some sikaflex just for a roady?

 

Do you think this could work or what?

 

The car just has surface rust and that's about it. Two minor cracks in the dash but it has a dash mat. Also i need to change the drivers seat belt!

 

The steering rack is abit worn. But not enough to be concerned. but how much give do you usually have for a roadworthy on that issue?

 

Any help would be appreciated or maybe a link to a check list for a roadworthy cert would be great :P

 

Ill put pics up abit later :D

post-8197-1273985606_thumb.jpg

At least you picked up a clean looking vehicle, it saves you a lot of money in the long run.

 

All the best

  • Author

Cheers FNQ rolla

 

 

post-8197-1273993272_thumb.jpg

post-8197-1273993532_thumb.jpg

post-8197-1273994414_thumb.jpg

post-8197-1273994501_thumb.jpg

post-8197-1273994605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jesseb369

  • Author
You haven't mentioned the eBay-spec trio gauges I shoved indelicately into the dash because the factory temp wasn't working... They cost me all of $29 man! :P

 

 

Oop's :D

 

You wouldn't Happen to have the jack and cross brace for this car lying around your yard somewhere would you mate?

The Sump gasket is leaking. So I was thinking that degrease the hell out if it and then when its dry run my finger around it with some sikaflex just for a roady?

 

Do you think this could work or what?

No, not with sikaflex. Its not made for something like that.

As long as not a bad leak i'd just degrease the engine before showing up for the roady and you'll be good to go.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.