Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no point putting cambertops when they just hit the strut towers

i fitted cambertops to my ke55 and they moved 1mm before the spring hat hit the sturt tower.

only way you can fit cambertops is with a different strut assembly (xt130 etc etc)

or bend the sturts/ longer lower control arms for camber

only way you can fit cambertops is with a different strut assembly (xt130 etc etc)

youll prolly have the same problem with any standard strut using a ~6" spring

camber tops really only work when you go to a "coilover" setup which uses a much smaller spring, common sizes being 60mm or so. then there is heaps of room to move the strut around in the strut tower to acheive some static camber.

in order to get more camber you could possibly fit some longer control arms, though i am unsure what works in ke55's.

you can also just wind up the castor so you get more camber when turning. just don't go to far or it will get twitchy.

Because I know TW1T has a speedway, car different/longer control arms and bending the struts (some speedway guys have been doing this to also 'bend' the rules) are not permitted.

I'm not 100% on this but I reckon coilovers wouldn't be either.

So considering what Evan has said about the camber tops not working to there designed effectiveness without coilover, you might as well just file the strut tops holes a MM. Woohoo!

You guys (junior speedway in general, not specifically just TWF#14) are honestly getting a bit too serious with your junior cars and trying to be at the top. Let the kids learn how to drive and enjoy themselves, then step of the competiveness when you step up to another class of speedway car.

[/rant]

stupid question, what is "speedway"?

is it those beat up old cars with cages racing around a dirt circular track?

thats what comes to my mind. and those noisy buggy things with HUUUGGEE roof spoilers.

Correctamundo.

Junior speedway only really started 5'ish years ago and has taken off in near ever state. Like I said above, I think some of the dads are taking it a bit too seriously for what it is.

Corollas (ke30's) are pretty popular and common, they also race other small RWD and FWD cars like dattos and charades.

Correctamundo.

Junior speedway only really started 5'ish years ago and has taken off in near ever state. Like I said above, I think some of the dads are taking it a bit too seriously for what it is.

Corollas (ke30's) are pretty popular and common, they also race other small RWD and FWD cars like dattos and charades.

yeah to me slight camber adjustment seems a bit out of the scope for this junior speedway.

this speedway looks fun though, is it cheap to get into? or is everything CAMs....(ie approved rollcages logbooks etc..)

All motor sport is CAMS (circuit, rally etc) or ANDRA (drag) sanctioned. Have a look at the CAMS website and I'm sure you could find some rules and regs for junior speedway.

Yes its cheap. Provided you don't get carried away.

You do need to be under 16yo to race though, hence the "Junior".

When I first heard about it I wanted to build "Dirt" up as a junior speedway car..... until somebody asked me "Who are you going to get to drive it", I replied "Me!" with a slightly confused look as was then told "You do realise you need to be under 16" and I was very :P and :D

So considering what Evan has said about the camber tops not working to there designed effectiveness without coilover, you might as well just file the strut tops holes a MM. Woohoo!

[/rant]

that wont do jack, spring hat will still the strut tower.

only way is with smaller spring/spring hat or coilovers

All motor sport is CAMS (circuit, rally etc) or ANDRA (drag) sanctioned. Have a look at the CAMS website and I'm sure you could find some rules and regs for junior speedway.

Yes its cheap. Provided you don't get carried away.

You do need to be under 16yo to race though, hence the "Junior".

When I first heard about it I wanted to build "Dirt" up as a junior speedway car..... until somebody asked me "Who are you going to get to drive it", I replied "Me!" with a slightly confused look as was then told "You do realise you need to be under 16" and I was very :rolls: and :D

They, the under 16 year old, need to be CAMS licensed and being under ago they also have to have an adult passenger (or someone who holds an open license) who also has to be CAMS licensed. Was going to do it, be the passenger, myself with a friend of ours. It all hit a brick wall when i had to buy up on the safety gear and the license :D

These are my camber tops. they didnt hit in the ke38 wagon they came out of, they hit in my ke30 but ive got em pretty close to the corner. The a noltec adjustable top.

Theres the springs, pretty sure there standard size. There ke55 struts with stiffer slightly lower springs in em.

ke30016.jpg

And here they are in the car, sorry bou the tap over em, but you get you can see how far they get across.

engine004p.jpg

yea were not aloud to bend struts because its illegal and yea in speedway u need every little advantage over the over people i have blue and silver camber tops not sure what brand but do a pretty good job and yea its under 17 some people 18 depends when ur born and stuff....