4ac Into Ke70

Teddy

Hello people

I have been doing my research on engines, and I'm slowly geting to know all the stuff - a big thanks to everyone who has helped me, i wouldnt be this far if it wasnt for you!

There is a guy selling a 4ac in the next month or so, who is willing to get rid of it at a very good price. He has offered me a very good deal, and I'm actually considering it.

Yes, i know its not a 4age, but on my budget - I'm not sure how i could afford such an engine like that; espically when the cost of getting it to a running stage was adleast $1000 away...

So, Lets say i purchased this 4AC motor (completly working condition), and i wanted to put it in my car. So far i have gathered this much:

I would need the 4AC Gear box, and the engine mount thingie off an Ae71.

Would i need anything else to be able to put it in my ke70 corolla?

Thanks again everyone

Teddy :D

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okok cool - i know the pyhsical difference bewteen the cable and hydrolic setup, but does it make much of a difference?

When you said

"You'll also need at least part of the exhaust (4AC exits drivers side), and probably a few small other things, but not much.

what do u mean by the exhaust statement,

and what other small things beside the master cylinder & The exhaust setup will i need?

Cheers

Teddy

4AGE exhaust exits passenger side, same with 4K. 4AC exhaust exits on drivers side. Because of this, obviously they will not bolt up. So you will need at least some of a new exhaust... But you might as well get a whole new one cause the old one would probably be a bit on the small side (going from a 1.3 to a 1.6).

Few other small things? If I remembered or could think of it I would list them out. You'll figure it out when you do the conversion, shouldn't be anything major, shouldn't cost too much.

Clutch setup - Nick should know more about this - you might want to use the AE71 pedalbox too as it's already setup for the hydrolic system. Or you can do what I did and modify the existing setup.

Hydrolic vs cable: Does it make much difference? Not as far as I can tell. But the T50 is hydrolic, so you will have to switch to hydrolic. Virtually all newer cars use it, so it can't be a bad thing.

Why not use a k50 from behind a 3a cable clutch ie no extra mastercylinder/slave required.Its only a k series box so not as strong as a t but alot easier to install(are these available over there?).

We had one in a starlet once and its still going must have done mega ks now we did 100,000ks in it and it was a secondhand jap import 4a k50 combo.