Minitubbed Ke70

Members dont see this ad
Have a look in the stickey'd Peurto Rican thread in the general mechanical section. I'm sure you could find some pics of one in there. :happy:

first place i looked no good photos from under the back of the car i see they are running a 26x8 slick but don't know if it has been minitubbed..

why mini tubs?

what size rim and tyre you looking to fit?

i have done a ke , all factory steel with 15 x 10 -27 all round with 205/50/15 @ 70mm ground clearance

with the right offset a ke70will take a 10 and 225 easily

just for looks i want a 295-305/50/15 for the street 24.5x8 slick for the strip going to buy a set of convo pros i just want to see what one would look like and how it is done. got a problem with the front can't fit 15 inch rims over my calipers so have to down size them got a set of vt twin piston ones should of used them in the first place..

• 4 weeks later...

wpn, minimum tyre size for an 8" is 225, i think 10 is 265, but I'm not sure of that, but yes, a 205 on a 10 would be stretched, but not insane.

rb20 rolla, can you get the car street legal if you minitub it?

i havnt seen one, ive never looked though, but as was said, 3tcgarage is the place to go ;)

yes in NSW you can have mini tubs, you ARE NOT allowed to cut or mod the chassis rail in anyway but always ask your engineer how he want's it

done as he is the one that will sign off on it at the end of the day..

from what i can work out looks like i will have to move the bottom trailing arm to the inside of the chassis rail and mount a set of coilovers.

the other second idea is to just cut and mod the front of the wheel tub near the bottom trailing arm and leave the standard shocks and springs

where they are and the bottom trailing arm where it is and get a bit more room but it's alot of work for such little gain..

i have got a price over the phone with a place and it's going to cost a few grand to get it working so i will just spend the

money into making it go faster for now thanks guy's..

if anyone can still find a photo i would still like to have a look thanks..

the toyota3tc site is no more, members moved onto http://3tcgarage.com/ apparrently.

this one guy said a te72 can run a 26.5 x 8 with the standard tub so if te72's are the same then that's a bigger slick then i want

to run so no need to minitub for the slicks just the look's.

it's a bit of money just to be different or is it ???