Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Importing A Car

Featured Replies

hey just wondering to all the people who have actually gone throught the process of importing a car??

-where there any dramas

- did it cost allot to get it here and register it??

-who did you deal with to make life easier like an importer??

\

just the basics because it has been on my mind allot latley and was just wondering if its as much of a hassle as most people think??

Where do you want to import from?

What type of car?

 

Price will differ between countries the car is imported from. Type etc. Some cars you will not be able to import and get road legal.

 

I'm not sure about oz but NZ really came down hard importing older model cars.

Edited by blzbub666

  • Author

sorry mate um

japan

just an import anything relly but i know in aus we can't bring 1 in thats more than 20 years old bcz they will throw the book at it but any info would be great thanks

I'd suggest google "japanese car importers" and email/ring them. If you're looking at an older car I'd expect the price to exponentially increase with how old it is/ how worthwhile it is. If it was never avaliable in oz then have deep pockets.

Ask the people that do the job of importing cars first. Corolla's were delivered to Australia so chances are 99.99% of people on here have never imported a car

because there's one next door they can buy.

You just want anything so long as it's imported? Did I read that correctly?

I imported my Altezza myself, but I was immigrating here so it came it under a different paperwork system compared to just buying a car overseas.

 

It never needed to be engineered or have stuff like rear kiddie seat anchorages added.

I've heard various tidbits here and there, don't know how much of it is true though.

 

I've heard that you aren't allowed to import anything older than 10 (or maybe 20) years, meaning most of the old s13s, 86s etc can't be brought over. I've heard that if it wasn't sold in australia you need a compliance plate/engineers certificate, probably only if the model wasn't actually sold in Australia though (for example you are only able to get one engine size with the new Evo X in Australia, but there are two or three larger capacities available around the world).

 

With that said I don't think it's impossible and as everyone has said, ask an actual importer. I used to work with a guy who's dad was an importer. Him and his dad imported an oldschool Camaro (or something like that) and got it registered (even though it was left hand drive). So I guess anything is possible.

ALWAYS make sure that u get any small bits and pieces locked in a suitcase in the boot though and get the key expressed to you

the wharfies like taking souvenirs off ur newly delivered cars

mate lost 600 bucks worth of stuff because of them (gear knob, turbo timer, apexi safc)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.